What's new

Mooring Bollard - C&C

Ashtun

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 20, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Location
New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went down to the dock and took a few pictures, this one is my favourite, i'd love to hear what you think about it

8670610291_1bdf8697f9_z.jpg
 
You make something uninteresting, rather interesting to look at in your photo, so I'd say you did a good job. Nice shot!
 
I'm not a nautical person but I think it's a "Cleat" and not a "Bollard" ;)
 
You mean its not called "That one thing with the bumps on it that you tie your floating thing to?" I've been misinformed! But +1, you made something uninteresting seem interesting. If I had to criticize something, I'd say your crop cut off some of the rope.
 
I'm not a nautical person but I think it's a "Cleat" and not a "Bollard" ;)

Actually, strictly speaking, it's a 'stag-horn'! ;)

It's got potential, but I think it would be even better if you'd shot vertial and included all of the fixture, rather than just the upper part.
 
You mean its not called "That one thing with the bumps on it that you tie your floating thing to?" I've been misinformed! But +1, you made something uninteresting seem interesting. If I had to criticize something, I'd say your crop cut off some of the rope.

I didn't realise I cut the rope off until now, maybe I should be more careful with my framing from now on, Thanks
 
I'm not a nautical person but I think it's a "Cleat" and not a "Bollard" ;)

Actually, strictly speaking, it's a 'stag-horn'! ;)

It's got potential, but I think it would be even better if you'd shot vertial and included all of the fixture, rather than just the upper part.

Thanks for your input, if I go back there I will shoot it as you've suggested and i'll share it :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom