More Birdies and Bokeh (Multi-Specie)

BTW, when did you get that 70-200? Last I remember you had the 28-300, right?
Any comments on the upgrade? I'd like to have one someday :)

I purchased the 70-200 back in September last year ... I believe. I use it for a lot of stuff.. but I still have my 28-300. I use it whenever I need one lens that does well at everything! The 70-200 does have better IQ, and it focuses even faster and more accurately then the 28-300.. which is awesome for it's price!

Charlie, I envy you that you can hand hold for these shots. I need to use a tripod for just about everything I can, as these old bones are a little shaky.

Thanks Joel.. I try to use the same techniques that competition handgun / rifle shooters use.. if that helps. Brace against anything available (if possible). Use your legs and arms to create stable configurations as much as possible (like tucking your left elbow against your chest with your lens in your left hand, legs spread out a bit, feet perpendicular to each other (looks funny but it is stable!)). Shoot prone, kneeling or sitting if possible, etc, etc, etc! lol!

These were taken sitting on the ground with my arms resting on my knees... and I was under a couple of pieces of camouflage netting that I carry around. Only way to get close to these guys..

Charlie. Thanks. I'll try those techniques next time out. You actually carry around some camo netting? Darn good idea.

Charlie. Thanks. I'll try those techniques next time out. You actually carry around some camo netting? Darn good idea.

Just enough to cover me up.. and depends on what I am shooting, of course! ;) I don't think it would go over too well downtown, for instance! lol!

Well done! Of the set I think the first is my favorite. The colors, composition, bird's posture/position all make it great. After the comments, I went back and looked, and I don't see noise except for *maybe* the top right of #3, but that's only after searching for it.

Well done! Of the set I think the first is my favorite. The colors, composition, bird's posture/position all make it great. After the comments, I went back and looked, and I don't see noise except for *maybe* the top right of #3, but that's only after searching for it.

Thank you.. I appreciate it! :)

Most reactions

Back