More Cooling towers

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Here's three more of the powerstation I posted in the critique gallery yesterday.

Comments are welcome.

ps1.jpg

ps2.jpg

ps3.jpg

VERY COOL, no pun intended, lol.

All three are excellent. The steam in the first one make that background object look like it's floating or taking off. The 2nd one is very simple but the texture and composition make it great. The 3rd one also has great composition.

Nice work.

Excellent photos, excuse my ignorance but what power station is this ?

Ratcliffe on Soar, thats about 20mins from my house drove past loads of times, did you take these pics from the golf course next to the powerstation ?

theyre all good. i think the last one is the best of all (lighting, angle, it has lines and a pattern thing)

andrewman said:
Ratcliffe on Soar, thats about 20mins from my house drove past loads of times, did you take these pics from the golf course next to the powerstation ?

I didn't notice a golf course, if you take the main road from Nottingham to the M1 junction, and as you get alongside the station, there is a turning off to the village, go over the bridge and just over the bridge turn right, follow a single track road alongside the river till you come so some gates that are for a marina - can't remember the name - but the first two are taken from just through those gates, and the last one is taken from the top of the hill - right back on the main road, there is a track that can rejoin it from - but watch out for people turning off.

If you are coming from the south towards Nottingham, the turn off has a big flagpole with a Union Jack on it, but you got to be careful, you'll get cars and trucks right up the back of you as you slow down.

There is also a good vantage point near the original turn off, just on the bridge, however I couldn't find anywhere to stop there, as some other guy was there with a medium format kit for all the time I was there, and I had to get going home.

I wanted to shoot this place the firsdt time I saw it, which was late last year but never got chance to stop as I was always on the way to somewhere and normally late, but this last Sunday, I took a detour on the way back from visiting my parents, and did 200 miles in 8 hours - was quite a nice drive :D

tempra said:
Thanks all for your comments.

andrewman, it is Ratcliffe on Soar power station, just outside of Nottingham.

I thought that's where it might be. I used to live not far from there.

Really nice work. I think #2 is my favorite, but the others are good too. :thumbup:

Had to view these photographs a few times and all I can come up with to say is awesome pictures.

Simple, yet perfectly composed and executed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back