More eye candy in Austin, TX today...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well since I just received my macro base-stay (stroboframe) and sync-cord and flash yesterday and knowing that the temperature will drop from 82 degrees F today to a high of 52 degrees tomorrow, I took the day off from work :D This will probably be the last opportunity here for me until next season.

I like the results using the off-camera flash setup, but I have room for improvement. LordV has given me some tips/advise…thanks! The first shot will give you what kind of flying insect circus I was watching today under the canopy of oak trees. I have no clue what type of plant these blooms come from, but I fully intend to plant some in my backyard :)

zilker_04.jpg

zilker_05.jpg

zilker_06.jpg

zilker_07.jpg

zilker_08.jpg

zilker_09.jpg

zilker_10.jpg

zilker_11.jpg

zilker_12.jpg

zilker_13.jpg

zilker_14.jpg

#12 As you can see we found where the Yellow Jackets were coming from. I had two friends help hold the palm fronds aside for me...lol...one friend said..."Roy, ummm...they’re not moving now and I think that means they are on alert! My buddy was serious as a heart-attack...I really don't know what angry Yellow Jackets do and thankfully today I didn't find out :D This nest was about 8cm in diameter.
zilker_15.jpg

Lex

LOL, I referenced eye candy because a fellow UK macro shooter said if he had opportunities like this it he would feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Lex

number 9 and 11 are awesome. 11 really pops with colour...9 makes me wanna know what the heck that was.

I also expected beautiful women...lol

some nice macro shots. Great use of DOF. I like the Tachina Fly in number 5.

BTW- You're getting advice from the master himself...LordV

great series #8 is my fave

Oh My GOD!!! SO sharp macros!!! AWSOME WORK!!!!

I really like number 3!

Amber

Thank for all the kind remarks. The cold has snapped here in Austin, TX today so I believe this activity is on the downturn.

Lex

Someone asked about lens and exif data for #5.

I shot all of these with a Canon 30D and the Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro lens.

#5 as well as most were done at:

Manual
f/8
iso 200
1/200th sec
Sunpack PZ40X compact flash on Stroboframe macro base-stay set to auto E-TTL
Post-Processed in Bibble Pro 4.9

Lex

These are great! I could never get that close to a bee without freaking out. I like #8 the best. And great idea getting your friends to hold up palm fronds behind the nest.

Funny...when I read eye candy I was expecting to see hot guys, not girls. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back