What's new

More Fireworks.. From DC

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
463
Reaction score
247
Location
Springfield Va.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last year I shot mine from the LBJ Park where I had the Potomac river as my foreground (along with some boats). This year I shot from the Iwo Jima Memorial, specifically the Bell Tower. I should have got their earlier (I arrived at 6) in order to keep some of the people out of my pictures and get more of the monuments. Anyway.. enjoy.

1.
20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park036 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

2.
20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park051 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

3.
20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park063 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

4.
20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park072 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

5.
20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park103 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr
 
nice! Love the building and monument that makes fireworks much more interesting.
 
Stunning. I think these are some of the best firework pictures I have ever seen.
 
Stunning. I think these are some of the best firework pictures I have ever seen.

Thank you so much for the compliment Barb. DC does a great show, but they make it difficult for photographers since they launch so many all at once. I've got more pictures covering up the Washington monument then I do not but that's what makes it fun... just the right timing :)
 
That has to be one of the best places to be for the 4th.
 
These are simplistic in a good way.But I also do wish you could have exposed a little longer to get more fireworks in SOME photos.
 
These are simplistic in a good way.But I also do wish you could have exposed a little longer to get more fireworks in SOME photos.

Sorry that you don't like them, DC is a bit difficult to shoot with the crowds and them doing large burst back to back. You really don't have a chance to overlap them. I've attached a picture to show you just a typical burst for DC. If I had let this exposure go any longer you wouldn't have seen the Capital building, as it is, you can'e even tell the Washington Monument is there. So it's a trade off.. I could always stack them in photoshop :lol:
ISO 100, F/11, 3Seconds
 

Attachments

  • $20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park097-2.webp
    $20140704 DC Netherlands Carillon Park097-2.webp
    161.7 KB · Views: 66
Sorry that you don't like them, DC is a bit difficult to shoot with the crowds and them doing large burst back to back. You really don't have a chance to overlap them. I've attached a picture to show you just a typical burst for DC. If I had let this exposure go any longer you wouldn't have seen the Capital building, as it is, you can'e even tell the Washington Monument is there. So it's a trade off.. I could always stack them in photoshop :lol: ISO 100, F/11, 3Seconds


that's pretty good. I do not mind the monument being blocked. If you really want you can add the monument back to it in photoshop. I like the simple ones as well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom