More Juvi Eagles

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Many of you know I have been bitchin' and moaning about the D7100 AF system. Today I decided to see if it was my 120-300 or the camera. Broke out the ol trusty Sigma 150-500 OS and headed out to my spot. Holy crap the D7100 and the 150-500 just locked on and tracked eagles like there was no tomorrow. Even with a complex background 5 outta 6 as sharp as the 150-500 can be at F8 and 1/2000th sec. AF-C 21 point AF lock on long. I also decoupled AE-L from the shutter button.. Manual mode with auto-ISO and spot metering did the trick.. Comments welcome. Looks like the 120-300 will be making another trip back to sigma :(

Juvi Eagle 2_11 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Eagle Tracking test Sigma 150-500 OS 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Eagle Tracking test Sigma 150-500 OS 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Eagle flight 2_11 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Juvi Eagle flight 2_11 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Nice set Kris and looks like the everything Is fine now using the other lens. Lots of bang for the buck the sigma 150-500,. I found it so cool the lens hood is so big I can put my whole hand in it to take the lens cap off and on without ever removing the hood.

I'm thinking if the 7100 had focus issue you wouldn't have had a chance of capturing #4, they are all beautiful but i love that shot !!!!

I'm thinking if the 7100 had focus issue you wouldn't have had a chance of capturing #4, they are all beautiful but i love that shot !!!!
Nah, I'm really certain it is the lens after the quick outing this morning...

Nice set, Osprey count down has begun.

Nice set!

I cannot wait as well. With the fishing the egrets and herons have been doing at one of my spots, maybe the osprey will come in and do some fishing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back