More lighting...

EckoZero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I might be being really dumb here but I figure that since videography and photography use the same basic principles that this effect should be possible for a photo...

During the band parts of this music video there is a red/green gradient effect with the lighting going on.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of things I'd need to do with lights to get this sort of effect?

Video is here:

If you're not a rock fan you probably want to turn the volume down.

[EDIT]I didn't know it would show a video thumbnail - you won't need to play the video because the lighting effect I'm talking about shows in the video thumbnail![/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
To your question, no clue.

However: ****ing love SA! :D I love that he plays the air guitar in this video, cause he did that live.. a lot =D

someone can do that on photoshop. I mean photoshop can do it. I've seen it before. I can't do it though... yet.

if it was me doing it, i would actually find a green grassy area / ground area. for the lights on my subjects, i'd put amber gels on them.

then i'd further enhance the greens in post. that's what it looks like is going on here.

Thanks for the tips - I'll have a play around with this (filters, flashgels and photoshopping) to see which one gives the best results :D

Most reactions

Back