What's new

more lightning from 03Aug08

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
5,204
Reaction score
3,161
Location
Albuquerque, NM
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's another composite from the lightning I was able to catch (ouch!) that night. Same data, 40D 17-85 lens, 17mm, manual everything, 0.3sec at f/4.

The teeny bit of lightning to the right of mid image is the bit composited in and layer masked to blend. The brighter clouds to the right are part of the same photo as the bigger flash just left of mid image.

2745115575_9facaf7f1e_b.jpg


Here's a more cropped version posted in the Sky theme.
 
Thank you both.
 
I would LOVE to put that on my dual Apple Cinema Displays - crazy.
 
I would LOVE to put that on my dual Apple Cinema Displays - crazy.

If it downloads with enough resolution, please feel free. You can try from either my deviantart or flickr sites if that works out better. Not sure from which of those I posted.

I actually like my other one better in its composition.

Dual apple cinemas? I'm jealous! You're probably running them off a mac pro?

I'm using a mbp.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom