Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
21933103906_b2c672b8d5_b.jpg

21338137493_9bc46f819f_b.jpg

3 shot vertical panoramic
21336541424_bfec6a5a82_b.jpg

Second one for me :icon_thumbsup: - the first one I would have cropped out the lights on the left and the third one has just too much "civilization" stuff in it for me.

WesternGuy

I agree with WesternGuy #2 for me too! Can you crop out the bright light in the bottom left corner of the first one? I find my eye is drawn to it rather than the milkyway.

The problem I'm having with all these MW shots is that they're all the same. It's like a constant unchanging background to put behind a lot of different dark/underexposed/silhouetted/uninteresting foregrounds.

Edit: No offence to the OP, I was referring to the thousands of other MW shots currently available.

Last edited:
I like #3 for the locality, and the telephone poles and wires for a sense of scale; that foreground gives these a sense of realness...the REAL, modern world has towns, roads, telephone poles and wires, and I like the way the poles are rendered straight, not tilted, and lighted up a bit. If you strip out all the hand of man, it becomes boring as hell...might just as well download one from some web page, you know? But if a shot shows your locality, it has meaning for you,and has a sense of authenticity, and of locality.

The problem I'm having with all these MW shots is that they're all the same. It's like a constant unchanging background to put behind a lot of different dark/underexposed/silhouetted/uninteresting foregrounds.

Edit: No offence to the OP, I was referring to the thousands of other MW shots currently available.

No offense taken. I actually agree. I've taken about 5 of these now and it's starting to feel like moon images.

One thing that is different though is the process. The trying to find complete darkness is interesting.

#3 or me too. I really like the leading lines on the left. I also like the "story" of where it is taken, out in the farmland. We all look up at the same sky and its nice to see the different foregrounds.
Nice.

Nice! What were your settings?

I like #3.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nice! What were your settings?

Nikon Df
28mm f2.8 ais
15 seconds
f2.8
ISO 6400

The last image is a three image vertical pano with the same settings.

Last edited:
numero 3 for me! but they are all beautiful, well done!

I must see things differently. My favorite is the first. As a look at it is can see I need to re-process. I have been thinking of a title for these bit nothing comes to mind except for the first image.

I might call it Galactica Jump Start or something of that nature but it will need some more work.

I will need to dodge the power lines on the left coming down (yellow).

A slight burn on the light in the bottom left.

Add some exposure to the light that connects the bottom left light and the milky way(red).

21833092129_da9d21c04a_b.jpg

For me it's the #1 if you could remove that bright blue light on the left.
To my eyes it's the sharper image (followed close by the #3).

Cheers :)

Most reactions

Back