This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Appreciate general C&C on this one as well as which crop is preferred..

D850 - f/11 - 24mm - 1/100

Sunrise_Sunstripes_Sq.jpg
Sunrise_Sunstripes.jpg

Not sure which I prefer. They both are lovely.

Cheers Dean, I have the same issue haha - I tried the square crop - again for the extra "Real Estate" on Instagram, but I think I like the original better.

I think I prefer the full version, but the crop really changes the mood of the photo, lightens things up.

Cheers Jeff, I guess its another shot where the crop changes the mood.. I am always reluctant to crop purely for real estate on a social media network that is in defect bull$**t... For me I think I will stick with the full crop...

Personally, I just don't especially like square images, but the original isn't ideal IMO, either. I would go for a 4x5 crop that centers on the sun; basically what you have in the square, but with less sky.

Loving both, and not a clue on what ones the best as they are both crackers.

They're both great but I agree that there is too much sky in the square one.

I quite like it if the top part off the square version is level with the fifth post down on the 'most discussed' panel - just above the name - at the moment it is Katie Purple... I don't know what that ratio would be...

I like the 2nd one best. The way the light hits the snow and glistens is peaceful.

Personally, I prefer the second one, although I might crop it just a bit to take out the tree on the left side. I like that it gives more "play" for the shadows from the sunset. Regardless, they are both nice sunsets.

WesternGuy

2nd one for sure. It shows the eye exactly where to go. The slats of sun are great leading lines to the trees and vista beyond.

Thank you all for the feedback, I think I will stick with the original and maybe try another crop which I will keep in case. I wanted to include the sky or a lot of but I'm aware it maybe a bit much for some, maybe the same with the shadows but I liked that look.

Most reactions

Back