More night photos

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took those pics without a tripod so the quality arent that great but those are probably the most beautiful night photos I have taken so far.

Do you guys actually see the difference between #1 and #2? I posted both of them in some other forum and people seem to prefer the first one...
IMG1372c.jpg

IMG1378c.jpg

IMG1380c.jpg

IMG1383c.jpg

IMG1396c.jpg

wooooow
nice shooot
really

the main difference is actually the composition. #2 would work for me if there were more stars visible. But since there are not, I also prefer #1.

Hey Hobbes, nice to see your night photos from Stockholm. Where were you standing for the first couple of photos? I know where you were in order to photograph the Grand Hotel...!

I should dig out my own pic of Grand Hotel at night, coming to think of it...

WOW awesome night shots.....and handheld too....hardly any noise wow....Great night shots.

the main difference is actually the composition. #2 would work for me if there were more stars visible. But since there are not, I also prefer #1.

lol I must be blind yeah I guess the composition in #1 is better.

Hey Hobbes, nice to see your night photos from Stockholm. Where were you standing for the first couple of photos? I know where you were in order to photograph the Grand Hotel...!

I should dig out my own pic of Grand Hotel at night, coming to think of it...

I was standing on a hill facing Gamla Stan not far from the Hilton hotel.
It's like totally dark there during the night, no lights at all so you kinda want to go there with someone lol
its the exactly same spot where I took this pic:
IMG740c.jpg

Last edited:
Heehee, look !
And will you answer to my question to you, too?

WOW awesome night shots.....and handheld too....hardly any noise wow....Great night shots.

well all those photos were taken at ISO 1600 and most of them were actually a little bit blurry but I kinda cheated and post processed them lol

heh I really need to get a tripod :D
or a camera with even better high ISO performance, like EOS 5D mkII ^^

Last edited:
Heehee, look !
And will you answer to my question to you, too?

scroll up and you'll see my answer. I dont know the name of that hill though but it's not very hard to find during the day. just walk past Hilton hotel from Slussen and you'll probably see a small alley leading to it.

Ah, thanks for that, Hobbes. Since you're directly facing Riddarholmen, I assume the hill you were on is this_one since the photo you see behind my link is taken FROM Riddarholmen to the other side of the water (???). (But I must admit, I find Stockholm geography not QUITE so easy).

Ah, thanks for that, Hobbes. Since you're directly facing Riddarholmen, I assume the hill you were on is this_one since the photo you see behind my link is taken FROM Riddarholmen to the other side of the water (???). (But I must admit, I find Stockholm geography not QUITE so easy).

you know I really no have clue what you are talking about. I have never been to that place in the pic you posted. hmm its like waaay high up not that close to the ground.
do recognize this building? thats where I were. It is quite easy to get lost here lol I did that a few weeks ago and had to ask for directions and I have lived here for ten years!!!

Last edited:
Oh yes. I recognise that building. Good, now I know where you were! Must keep that place in mind for next time, whenever that is going to be. But I am convinced now that I will go to Stockholm again!

Oh yes. I recognise that building. Good, now I know where you were! Must keep that place in mind for next time, whenever that is going to be. But I am convinced now that I will go to Stockholm again!

lol glad you like this city. well personally I love it during the summer but during the winter I'd rather be somewhere else course its usually dark and wet here

lol glad you like this city. well personally I love it during the summer but during the winter I'd rather be somewhere else course its usually dark and wet here

Just move further north ... there it is darker but more dry :p

Most reactions

Back