More night photos

Wow. The day light is so much more stunning. Nice clouds and color!

hehe I know its probably because those night photos I took was a bit underexposed. So I went back there earlier this evening and took these:

since I dont have a tripod I just placed my camera on top of a garbage can and set the ISO to 100 and exposure to 30 seconds
biggrin.gif
and voila! This photo is untouched I only resized it
IMG1571c.jpg

This one was taken hand held, I think
IMG1573c.jpg

IMG1585c.jpg

IMG1564c.jpg

The one of Stadshuset is really nice, I like the detail still to be seen in the sky!
You also were on Katarinahissen to take the last?
And what garbage can IS there for you to put the camera on in order to take that lit up sailing ship? My first night-time photo in Stockholm (other than dusk photos in Gröna Lund) was that very sailing ship ;) .

The one of Stadshuset is really nice, I like the detail still to be seen in the sky!
You also were on Katarinahissen to take the last?
And what garbage can IS there for you to put the camera on in order to take that lit up sailing ship? My first night-time photo in Stockholm (other than dusk photos in Gröna Lund) was that very sailing ship ;) .

lol personally I think the photo of Stadshuset is a lil bit noisy not sure which ISO i used. I could have made it a lot less noisy in PS but I wanted to show you guys some original and untouched photos lol

yep the last one was taken while standing not far from Katarinahissen

haha the pic of that sailing ship was taken handheld ^^ because there were no garbage cans or whatsoever where I stood :mrgreen:

Fantastic night shots...especially handheld!! Beautiful job!

nice photos im impressed..

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
here are some more:

some of them were taken right after the sunset so it wasn't really completely dark but I kinda like the dark blue sky

IMG1684c.jpg

IMG1693c.jpg

IMG1726c.jpg

IMG1705c.jpg

stupid rain -.-
IMG1713c.jpg

IMG1719c.jpg

If thats what you can do handheld, I can't wait to see what you can do with a tripod!

even more handheld night photos taken when it was raining:

IMG1767c.jpg

IMG1770c.jpg

IMG1779c.jpg

last one would be so much cooler if there were starbursts coming from the streetlamps.

last one would be so much cooler if there were starbursts coming from the streetlamps.

you know I don't exactly know how to make those "starbursts" appear on photos and maybe not all lamps can create that kind of effect? idk

you know I don't exactly know how to make those "starbursts" appear on photos and maybe not all lamps can create that kind of effect? idk

You can usually get them by using a really small aperture like F22 or by using a filter (anyone know of quality differences between the 2?).

The first series you posted were awesome. Some great shots. The only critique I can provide is when shooting on a bridge watch that the bridge doesn't creep into the lower corners of the shot. For me it kind of kills the mood of the photo (I know this well because it's one of the mistakes I make more often than I'll admit).

Great shots though and a great subject.

Wooooww!!! Great photos... Love them all.:hail: Each photos has clear details.

You can usually get them by using a really small aperture like F22 or by using a filter (anyone know of quality differences between the 2?).

The first series you posted were awesome. Some great shots. The only critique I can provide is when shooting on a bridge watch that the bridge doesn't creep into the lower corners of the shot. For me it kind of kills the mood of the photo (I know this well because it's one of the mistakes I make more often than I'll admit).

Great shots though and a great subject.

ah I didn't know about the small aperture thing :) thanks! I will try that one out in the future :mrgreen: hmm well then again I will have to use a tripod or a camera with very good high ISO performance lol
I was standing on a hill and the railing was quite high and there was some buildings in the way when I tried to take that photo well of course I could have tried harder to avoid them. btw in a few of those "clear" shots I had to stand on a table :D

Wooooww!!! Great photos... Love them all.:hail: Each photos has clear details.
lol thanks. glad you like them. I have to admit that I live in a beautiful city

#1 is iso 1600 and #2 is 800
#2 looks like its exposed a little better.

well all those photos were taken at ISO 1600 and most of them were actually a little bit blurry but I kinda cheated and post processed them lol

heh I really need to get a tripod :D
or a camera with even better high ISO performance, like EOS 5D mkII ^^

#1 is iso 1600 and #2 is 800
#2 looks like its exposed a little better.

thanks for the info well I wasn't really satisfied those two so i went back there and took a few more with much longer exposure which you can see in post #16

Most reactions

New Topics

Back