What's new

More night photos

Here are a few more. I hope it's not getting too slow for some of you to load this page :-)

IMG1698c.jpg


IMG1757c.jpg


IMG1777c-1.jpg


me standing in front of one of the largest indoor shopping mall in Stockholm.
IMG1772c-1.jpg
 
beautiful photos, and glad to see i'm not the only stockholm resident in the forum ;)
i'm in love with most of them and i can't wait to get a new film and get around town snapping.
and i like the gamla stan photos taken from the hilton side rather than from the same old mosebacke/katarinatyssen spot.
you made me want to get a tripod and/or a high iso film so bad!
 
beautiful photos, and glad to see i'm not the only stockholm resident in the forum ;)
i'm in love with most of them and i can't wait to get a new film and get around town snapping.
and i like the gamla stan photos taken from the hilton side rather than from the same old mosebacke/katarinatyssen spot.
you made me want to get a tripod and/or a high iso film so bad!

wow I have say the same about you I mean up until now I thought I am the only one on here whos from Stockholm, well right now Im in Canda though lol

Sometimes I just like to walk around in the downtown area on a weekend night just to take some night shots. You gotta love the night life in a big city :mrgreen: btw why are you still using film camera? not its a bad thing and Ive heard that there are a few things you cant do with digital that film cameras can but I guess I am just too lazy and too much of a newbie to use a film cam :lol:
 
just caaaan't stop posting more :D

IMG1198c.jpg


IMG1787c.jpg


this one is a lil bit blurry but I just find it funny. it seems that this guy is lost and desperate I mean how often do you see someone standing at a traffic light on a rainy friday night looking at a map :D
IMG1775c.jpg
 
wow I have say the same about you I mean up until now I thought I am the only one on here whos from Stockholm, well right now Im in Canda though lol

Sometimes I just like to walk around in the downtown area on a weekend night just to take some night shots. You gotta love the night life in a big city :mrgreen: btw why are you still using film camera? not its a bad thing and Ive heard that there are a few things you cant do with digital that film cameras can but I guess I am just too lazy and too much of a newbie to use a film cam :lol:
i just prefer the warmth and texture of film over digital, not to mention the charm that digitals completely lack of.
that said, i may one day get a dslr, but at the moment i'm happy with film and by the way i wouldn't spend hundreds of pounds/thousands of kronor at once, so no way to get a dslr...!
tomorrow i'll probably but a high iso film and go out at night (or afternoon for what matters haha) to snap a few nightly ones, hoping that wednesday will indeed be a clearer day as i want to take some daytime photos too.
 
i just prefer the warmth and texture of film over digital, not to mention the charm that digitals completely lack of.
that said, i may one day get a dslr, but at the moment i'm happy with film and by the way i wouldn't spend hundreds of pounds/thousands of kronor at once, so no way to get a dslr...!
tomorrow i'll probably but a high iso film and go out at night (or afternoon for what matters haha) to snap a few nightly ones, hoping that wednesday will indeed be a clearer day as i want to take some daytime photos too.

yeah the price on DSLR, at least the better ones are quite high but im not sure how much films cost though maybe in the long run you can actually save money by getting digital :) and if you are not satisfied with the warmth and texture of digital photos you can probably do some post processing with good old photoshop. well I hope you will post some of your night photos on here in the future :)
btw how's the weather in Stockholm? I left there like ten days ago and it was starting to get cold but still can't compare to the cold weather here in Saskatchewan, Canada :mrgreen:
 
yeah the price on DSLR, at least the better ones are quite high but im not sure how much films cost though maybe in the long run you can actually save money by getting digital :) and if you are not satisfied with the warmth and texture of digital photos you can probably do some post processing with good old photoshop. well I hope you will post some of your night photos on here in the future :)
btw how's the weather in Stockholm? I left there like ten days ago and it was starting to get cold but still can't compare to the cold weather here in Saskatchewan, Canada :mrgreen:
yeh sure, in the long run film is likely to end up to be more expensive. but it's still not as good to me ;)
i think i'll eventually get a dslr to do most snaps, but will stick with film for the best ones.
weather here is all in all not too cold and kinda rainy. or at least, that's how the weather today, as i came back last night from a week in my "second home", london.
 
lmao so you live in two rainy cities? :O well of course I know London is usually a lot worse. so arent you sick of all those rainy days :D maybe you should try to find a "third home" in Barcelona or Sydney lol

well if I ever really get serious with photography I will definitely get a film SLR and also get a complete darkroom, heh just some wishful thinking I guess
 
lmao so you live in two rainy cities? :O well of course I know London is usually a lot worse. so arent you sick of all those rainy days :D maybe you should try to find a "third home" in Barcelona or Sydney lol

well if I ever really get serious with photography I will definitely get a film SLR and also get a complete darkroom, heh just some wishful thinking I guess
well, i'm originally from italy, so i've had quite a few sunny days so far and am done with the third home ;)
my film slr is not a pro one, or at least no longer (an old minolta srt101b), but i just love the tatty feel to it! thanks god the weather wasn't too bad in london, especially on friday when i strolled through highgate with it.
 
well, i'm originally from italy, so i've had quite a few sunny days so far and am done with the third home ;)
my film slr is not a pro one, or at least no longer (an old minolta srt101b), but i just love the tatty feel to it! thanks god the weather wasn't too bad in london, especially on friday when i strolled through highgate with it.

well I have only been to London once and that was only for like two hours when I had to catch the subway or underground as they call it from City Airport to Heathrow and that day was really rainy and the humid air in the subway was a lil bit too much for me. I think the only thing I really dislike about winters in Sweden is the almost constant darkness. I mean usually you just wake up when its dark outside go to work and then when you get home at like 3 or 4pm and its already dark, again lol

well if you are looking to upgrade your film camera I have seen some nice used ones on Blocket.se not sure if you have ever heard of that site.
 
didnt know there is a China in Stockholm :D
IMG1776c-1.jpg


IMG1702c.jpg


IMG1790c.jpg


IMG1792c.jpg


another homeless person
IMG1764c.jpg


tourists
IMG1780c.jpg


Waiting for the train
IMG1783c.jpg
 
As always I will appreciate any kind of criticism and suggestions so if you have anything to say about my photos just post your thoughts here and dont worry I wont bite :D

I know some of them are just ordinary snapshots while I actually put some effort in to a few of them.

IMG622c.jpg


IMG1193c.jpg


this one was taken while was lying on the ground :D
IMG1215c.jpg


IMG1194c.jpg
 
You need to get a tripod ;)
and btw, nice pics. Seems like an intresting city :)
 
well I have only been to London once and that was only for like two hours when I had to catch the subway or underground as they call it from City Airport to Heathrow and that day was really rainy and the humid air in the subway was a lil bit too much for me. I think the only thing I really dislike about winters in Sweden is the almost constant darkness. I mean usually you just wake up when its dark outside go to work and then when you get home at like 3 or 4pm and its already dark, again lol

well if you are looking to upgrade your film camera I have seen some nice used ones on Blocket.se not sure if you have ever heard of that site.
tube at rush hours+heathrow=hell
this will be my first winter here but yeh it looks like the darkness will be quite weird to me. i'm half insomniac, too, so i often go to sleep extremely late and wake up when it's already dusk. no fun.
not looking for an upgrade but yes i know blocket thanks ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom