More Northern lights :D - C&C

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Me and my friends were talking, and suddenly we we're like "hmm, the sky's green... and red". Luckily we were talking just outside my house, and I ran and got my camera. Here's my own three favourites from tonight.

I got so excited I forgot to check that I was in RAW, ARGH!, and so these are shot jpegs, probably not even the highest resolution! Newbie mistake!

69 seconds
f/4
ISO-200

Utanfor huset by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

26 seconds
f/4
ISO-200
(yes, these lights were much, much brighter than the last one)

Nabohuset og hage by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

70 seconds
f/4
ISO-200

Andre naboen med plen by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Thanks for commenting! :)

stealing my thunder aye?!?! :) nice though! better composition than mine but hey, I was just standing in a field.

A fun thing is that in my third image and in your third image we can see the same constellation, the small dipper (not sure if that's correct. But you've got a big dipper, and so I'll assume you're calling the small version of it the small dipper).

Please understand that I won't mind any comments ;)

I just PUTIWMAC-ed my thread!

Got this one tonight. The lights were way on the horizon, didn't get too much.

I had a bunch of people want to come out with me expecting to see what I saw yesterday. Needless to say many of them were disappointed, but the congregation of bodies and constant flashes made for some interesting composition...

dD8bB.jpg

I was hoping to see some tonight, but nothing happened here. You'd think aurora borealis was more interesting on a photography site. I've gotten 16 replies in the sub-forum "The Darkroom" at the shaving community I'm part of. :)

In case you were wondering, the nitrogen in the atmosphere stands for the green light and the oxygen stands for the red light. When the sun is hitting us very hard with its lovely juices, we get more colours from other elements in the atmosphere.

At what focal length were you shooting? You have star trails.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back