More of Winter's Short Interlude in North Germany (again: many pics!!!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have already shown some close-ups I took last Thursday when we had one nice winter's day (possibly our only one?).

Here is a "making of" (photos taken with the Powershot as I went), and some wider angle pics of the scenes I got to see on that day.

When I set out to my first spot, this is what the sky looked like for me on the way (smaller photos are the Powershot photos, taken out of the car window - when I STOPPED!):

25-Jan-07_Powershot_1.jpg

25-Jan-07_Powershot_4.jpg

When I first stopped, the sun peaked over the farm in the distance (that is where I took the photos of the "pink snow" and the fence with the backlit animal hair)

HauchvonSchnee3.jpg

Turning west, the trees were all bathed in morning pink:
HauchvonSchnee4.jpg

I stopped again at another field and the sun had already risen a bit more:
HauchvonSchnee2.jpg

After that, I drove to the neighbouring village and visited one of my favourite places for photography: the mill (some of you know it from this_thread already). The morning light was just touching it :sun:

25-Jan-07_Powershot_7.jpg

When the sun came over the trees to the east (behind me), golden light hit the water of the mill pond and the ducks enjoyed the morning

JanuarmorgenanMhle_01.jpg

That was the moment when I also took Photos 3-6 of the close-up_thread .

This tree has recently lost this one big branch ... in my earlier photos of the same spot it is still there :(

JanuarmorgenanMhle_02.jpg

And some view across the fields, just to show you the "amounts of snow" we had!!!

Januar-EisSchnee_04-1.jpg

(Is it ok compositionally?)

JanuarmorgenanMhle_08.jpg

JanuarmorgenanMhle_09.jpg

And one more view of the mill from yet another spot (albeit close-by), now looking east:

JanuarmorgenanMhle_07.jpg

Is there one among these that you like?

My picks are 3, 5, 8, 11. It's incredibly flat landscape, now I see how it's like where you live. :D

You got snow now, congratulations!

"Now" is the wrong word.
We had snow on Thursday and Friday.
Warm front on Sunday, lots and lots of rain and now?
Back to a flat, snow-free countryside and grey clouds :roll:

Thanks for looking :D.

Love 2 and 5 great stuff :)

Thank you :D
Makes me happy to hear that you like them. :goodvibe:

Ah yes. These are the promised winter shots that you mentioned earlier. I like them. #5 is my favorite. The colors coming off of the sun against the stark color of the snow is quite stunning. Very nice shots.

Yes, to take Photo 5 was kind of a magic moment, shortly after that, the clouds hid the sun and I thought by myself "Shall that have been it now, no more early morning colours?" and went on my way to the neighbouring town and the mill. Well, as you can see, I did not get disappointed and the sun was back out by the time I arrived ;).

Is it still? I think I tested it ... the rim of the ice is not straight... never was! That one is bowed a little...

number 5 for me.

Just what is it with the "winter" this year? is it ever gonna kick in?

We might get the "real winter" in March, when we all begin to long for spring to come round and the leaves to come back (I am sure by March I'll be more than ready for that sort of green! ;)). I might be wrong, but I still get this funny feeling that we still get some "winter", but way too late for our liking.

Most reactions

Back