More pics! I will NOT give up just yet! C&C please!

MrsB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still trying to learn...what do you guys thk?

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

I like the eyes in the first shot. I know you were going for a high key B&W by the looks of things so thats nice but the dark spot in the back bugs me. Though.

The other two dont do much for me.

The frist one is adorable, and the other two are nice, but not really spectacular.

Thanks....
I thought about cropping the #1, and showing her face only...but ended up not doing...

the other two I guess I was happy to capture somehow the view, mind you I was driving, lol :D

I really like the sky in #3. The sky can throw out some beautiful colors. Wish the lamp poles weren't included, but that's not your fault.

1) Slightly out of focus, the eyes (ideally) should be nice and sharp. However, composition is good.

2/3) Sky is quite nice, maybe changing the setting it's in would improve it (composition). They look, to me, as being snapshots (albeit properly exposed) taken by most people with a camera.

Keep at it, and you'll always improve. I know I did.

I would crop to square (or nearly) on the first one and I don't care for the second, the third is saved by the fact that everything is well placed and it has interesting colors. same shot without the colors and it is junk, same shot framed different is junk. you are doing good with composition but the subject is not exciting in the last two. what are we supposed to be looking at. photography is about telling someone something, what are you saying with the second and third? I do like the lamp posts, especially if you look at it long enough and notice that there are bunches of them going off into the distance. did you adjust the colors in the third?
Scott:lmao:

Thank you. I will keep practicing...been reading a lot, I think time and patience will be everything ;)

I would crop to square (or nearly) on the first one and I don't care for the second, the third is saved by the fact that everything is well placed and it has interesting colors. same shot without the colors and it is junk, same shot framed different is junk. you are doing good with composition but the subject is not exciting in the last two. what are we supposed to be looking at. photography is about telling someone something, what are you saying with the second and third? I do like the lamp posts, especially if you look at it long enough and notice that there are bunches of them going off into the distance. did you adjust the colors in the third?
Scott:lmao:

Thanks, I guess I liked how the sunrise looked, feels good to lookk at it, in my opinion....so, there's what I am 'telling' with the pic :)
Yes, I only adjusted the color a tiny bit on the third one. It came out VERY similar to how it looks.

Thank you. I will keep practicing...been reading a lot, I think time and patience will be everything ;)
How long have you been shooting? Becoming a "good" photographer takes time and lots of practice. Many of my shooting buddies tell me that they didn't really like the pictures they took until their third year of shooting.

I'm just starting my second year of shooting and I'm not real happy with my pictures right now. I've looked at my buddies earlier stuff and it looks like I could have taken them so I know there's hope for me...just gotta keep shooting and I'll eventually get better.

Of course it may not take you 3 years to start taking really good images...but it rarely happens in your first year (unless you're really gifted).

How long have you been shooting? Becoming a "good" photographer takes time and lots of practice. Many of my shooting buddies tell me that they didn't really like the pictures they took until their third year of shooting.

I'm just starting my second year of shooting and I'm not real happy with my pictures right now. I've looked at my buddies earlier stuff and it looks like I could have taken them so I know there's hope for me...just gotta keep shooting and I'll eventually get better.

Of course it may not take you 3 years to start taking really good images...but it rarely happens in your first year (unless you're really gifted).

I have been doing this for very little time and do not expect to be 'good' anytime soon, just really wanted to make sure that what I AM doing is correct... ;)

Shutterspeed was too slow in the first shot 1/20 at 55mm on a 1.6 crop that is 88mm so you need about 1/80

Shutterspeed was too slow in the first shot 1/20 at 55mm on a 1.6 crop that is 88mm so you need about 1/80

I am sorry to sound a bit ignorant, could you please explain:
"1.6 crop that is 88mm"

You mean I need a different lens?
Again, I am very new to this, appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

I am sorry to sound a bit ignorant, could you please explain:
"1.6 crop that is 88mm"

You mean I need a different lens?
Again, I am very new to this, appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of different sized sensors in our cameras a crop sensor is smaller than a full frame sensor. With crop sensors there is a conversion that needs to be done to get a better idea as to what focal length you are using. For example a 50mm on a crop sensor would look about the same as 85mm on a full frame sensor. Most people say you want to take your focal length as your minimum shutter speed to help reduce camera shake.

Ok, I think I understand a bit better, thank you.

Most reactions

Back