More pics with new lens! C&C welcome

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

So I went out again this weekend with my new Nikkor 105mm f/1.8. I was mainly practicing with the manual focus, and trying to get the exposures right. Here are a few that I liked. I'm curious to know your opinions.

4124224414_687d61a7a3.jpg

4123443703_aed62fc7d9.jpg

4122594593_2d79bf3f74.jpg

4122610645_b2b3a894f9.jpg

I like 3 and 4 the best. Number 3 Especially. :thumbup:

BTW, do you do all of your processing in Lightroom?

I like 3 and 4 the best. Number 3 Especially. :thumbup:

BTW, do you do all of your processing in Lightroom?

Thank you! What is it about #3 that you like?

I don't do all my PP in lightroom. I use Photoshop a lot, as well as noise ninja. However for all these, and most of the stuff i'm doing lately, Lightroom is all I use. I find that it's just so easy to use, and I really like the preset options.

I am not really sure why I like the third one more. :lol: In addition to the subject itself, I think that the overall tone and contrast of the photo does it for me. I also like the DOF I suppose. Sorry I cannot explain these ideas more accurately. I am new to photography so I don't understand things from a technical standpoint yet. :lol:

Your bokeh is amazing as always, what kind of PP do you do? Im pretty much asking whats your secret. ;)

My favorite is number 1, I dont know why it just is.

Your bokeh is amazing as always, what kind of PP do you do? Im pretty much asking whats your secret. ;)

Thank you so much!

So for PP, I used lightroom for all the above pics. In terms of secrets for bokeh, the only one I have is noise reduction software. Alot of times, when you tweak your photo in PP, it renders the bokeh pretty ugly. A lot of tweaking can just make the bokeh terribly noisy and grainy. I've found that using noise ninja allows extra PP to the shot, but keeps the bokeh fairly smooth and creamy.

Also, these bokeh shots (esp #1) has a lot to do with timing. For instance, #1 has that cool green/multicolored bokeh because a large woman with a tie-dye skirt happened to walk by at the right moment. This made form some interesting/colorful bokeh.

Thank you so much!

So for PP, I used lightroom for all the above pics. In terms of secrets for bokeh, the only one I have is noise reduction software. Alot of times, when you tweak your photo in PP, it renders the bokeh pretty ugly. A lot of tweaking can just make the bokeh terribly noisy and grainy. I've found that using noise ninja allows extra PP to the shot, but keeps the bokeh fairly smooth and creamy.

Also, these bokeh shots (esp #1) has a lot to do with timing. For instance, #1 has that cool green/multicolored bokeh because a large woman with a tie-dye skirt happened to walk by at the right moment. This made form some interesting/colorful bokeh.

What noise reduction software are you using? How much does lightroom go for? I want photoshop at home but I dont have the money

When I get flickr im faving a lot of your shots ;)

Thank you so much!

What noise reduction software are you using? How much does lightroom go for? I want photoshop at home but I dont have the money

When I get flickr im faving a lot of your shots ;)

Hmm...i use noise ninja. I have yet to try any others.

PM for info about lightroom and photoshop.

#1 and 3 do it for me. Thanks for explaining the funky bokeh in #1, that's awesome. Love the colors in #3, it feels gritty without being.. gritty.

Dscience try Noiseware Pro when you get the chance. I think it's slightly better then Noise Ninja .

BTW nice PP on these...I like the tints and tone curves you used. That bokeh is great on all of these but I like #1 the best. For number #3 I think the composition is awesome.

Dscience try Noiseware Pro when you get the chance. I think it's slightly better then Noise Ninja .

BTW nice PP on these...I like the tints and tone curves you used. That bokeh is great on all of these but I like #1 the best. For number #3 I think the composition is awesome.

Thank you!

And, thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that. I've been meaning to look into something else, as I am not fully satisfied with NN's results. :thumbup:

The bokeh in the first and second is fantastic. Those two are probably my favorites. Good exposures in all of them.

colors on these are fantastic

Most reactions

Back