Yes sir, Photoshop is installed and in use... it's Elements 7, but, PS nonetheless
Sharpness... they were "auto sharpened" using PSE7. I do not allow the camera to sharpen, simply because it strikes me as harsh sharpening, but perhaps that's what I need?
Exposure..... man, I've had hell with this subject matter, really have, and also have an active thread going on about it at the moment. For everyone of the images above, my camera told me the exposure was perfect. The settings were proper, the needle was in the middle, if ya know what I mean? Still however, exposure is mentioned. This is something that's going to beat me for a long time to come I think. If any of them look dark, that's because of the natural lighting of the time. Some were taken with the sun completely out, some halfway, some none at all. I get REALLY confused with exposure.
The images being low res....... Well, all photo's that I post up, typically come from Myspace. Reason being is that ALL of my photo's get posted there for my "friends", who are not photographers, or wannabe's like myself. I enjoy non-photographic people looking at them, simply because they have no clue as to what technically makes a good image, they just like what they see, and I enjoy that. I really do think that's half the battle. Resolution wise, I shoot RAW, in Manual, at all times, nothing else will do. These images were HUGE, but I have to resize them in order for MySpace to accept them. Myspace has a horrible habit of degrading images slightly.
My typical routine is to take a photo, download it to the hard drive, I load it up in DPP, alter the white balance if needed, then convert, save, and load it into PSE7. I then "Auto Fix" the image, which typically makes it look better, then I "Auto Sharpen" it, which tends to make it look even better than before, and then save and share. I don't do much to them, though perhaps, I should do more?
Anyway, and regardless, I'm truly enjoying this one on one session with you, if that's what you call it? Either way, doesn't matter, I'm having fun. I appreciate your critique more than you can imagine, and look forward to more.