more questions. what do you think?

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:lmao: i unboxed my bEaUtZIfUl canon 5d mk2. wow, this is a real camera :sexywink:. now the dilema. what to do with the 30d? i love my 30d :(. it was a nice camera, i got some great shots with it. i baught it new at adorama less than 6 months ago. it still has good value. should i hold onto this camera as a "back up" .... or sell it to put towards a few bills and accessories for my 5d. i am starting my photography career now. i feel like getting this camera for free is like a calling :lmao: haha. i want to make the best of it!

You can either sell it or use it as a backup. I would probably keep it as a backup. This is especially important if you plan on pursuing photography as a career or profession.

(btw... the lack of capitalization.. isn't being unique, cool or "professional". )

You can either sell it or use it as a backup. I would probably keep it as a backup. This is especially important if you plan on pursuing photography as a career or profession.

yea .. that has been a thought

(btw... the lack of capitalization.. isn't being unique, cool or "professional". )

you sir are correct. it is being too lazy :)

I vote for keep it. If you're planning on photography being a profession spare EVERYTHING is never a horrible plan. :)

If you're serious about making a career out of photography, keep it.

I will say keep it or give it to me. :lol:

30D and 5d MKII are different animial. Sometimes it is better to have a cropped body and I believe 30D shoot faster (fps) than 5D

I say keep it too...you just never know what might happen.

Another vote for keep it. Don't buy the Lumix, it's not a back-up... it's a fancy P&S. If you really want to shoot pro (meaning getting paid) you'll need a real back-up like your 30D. It uses your other Canon lenses and it has all the same settings. It's an easy transition from one to the other.

truuuuuuuuuuuue. thanks guys. should i keep my 55-250is or sell it to get a flash for my 5d?

if your photography career only includes weddings/portrait shots then you can sell the 55-250 and get a flash. i think that'll be helpful.

Sell the 55-250.

Its an EF-S, so it wont work on your 5D. I assume your 5D will be your main shooting camera? Get an EF telephoto zoom to go on the 5D.

The only time I could see you using a 55-250 on a 30D (having a 5D and a 70-200) would be when you require more reach... 250mm on a crop camera = 400mm. Very specific, and not sure when you would put this into use.

word ... this pawn shop by my house has an old 50-200 push pull lens. im gonna see what they want for it.

Most reactions

Back