Hey tony,
we've talked about these a little before. I like the first shot by far the best. The skin on his face looks a little blown out, but I like the hotfudge conversion you did on it. The crop doesn't bother me all that much since you are naturally drawn to his face and eyes. I like the brick too, very clasic and simple.
The second one wouldn't be too bad if you had him sit further away from the plants in the background. I tend to shoot my portraits with my 70-200 and then zoom in on them in order to bokeh out the background. This probably would have worked well in that photo. I would say try a little fill flash on him as well to get that face lit up a little better. You could also try to use that Digital fill flash action you have on that.
Last photo: Looks good. Its a fairly common crop that you will see in a lot of yearbooks. Which is good to have for him as an option to choose from.