What's new

More sunflowers, creative lighting

Eclectix

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2013
Messages
209
Reaction score
70
Location
Colorado, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know some people like this sort of thing and others don't but here are my latest compositions. I chose a sunflower in my garden with a nice yellow color- it had just finished opening the day before.

These are 30 second exposures at f5.6 ISO100 taken late at night. I used various light sources that I found around the house to "paint" the flowers with as the shutter was open. I selected these three because they were the least garish looking of the lot. It's easy to get results that look over-saturated and heavily processed- my goal was to make them look otherworldly without making them look like they were simply heavily photoshopped sunflowers.

$00IMG_4411 1000p.webp

.
$00IMG_4422b 1000p.webp

.
$00IMG_4423 1000p.webp
 
I think the coloring does not improve the appeal of the original flower; of course if you want them look that way, that is OK; in that case i like the third; first one looks illumined by a purplish fluorescent light,where as the third has some original look, provided it has been brought from another planet ;)
Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom