Hello all,
I've been becoming more active in these forums lately, and I was hoping for more criticism. If you remember me from my other threads, I'm into photographing trains. Anyway, after it gets dark I've been trying some blur shots and could use some critiques.
Thank you in advance.
nice effect! Find it strange how the last image, some how shows the graffitti fine preserved detail on the train, but still leaves the blur effect as well. Interesting.
Maybe like the first image a better, darker tones and tron stylings
Thank you for the kind words. To answer your question, the graffiti (as well as the reflective stripes) show up so well because the flash was fired at the beginning of the exposure. That is what creates the effect you see. I am quite happy with the results of that, and will without a doubt be keeping that in mind the next time I'm out.
One more photo (with a pretty cool effect as well)
4.
And a snow shot
5.
Any thoughts are appreciated, especially about composition, exposure, contrast, etc. Anything, the comment doesn't have to be train related, I'm open for any advice!
The head on shot in the snow is fantastic. All of the men in my family going back 5 generations ending with my father worked on the B&O and C&O railroad. Irish immigrants with no education = hard labor.
Thank you Parker, I'll take a look at 7 the next time I'm in Lightroom. Out of curiosity, what is it about my style that you like (this way I can keep doing it)?