morning on the mountain

scooter2044

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We went to visit my parents over the weekend and we always stop on top of the mountain for a break. The sun was shining through the pines. It was Black Friday and I knew it was the last peaceful moment of the day. I forgot the tripod so I did the best I could handheld. C&C welcome.

morning on the mountain
by Sheila Swindell, on Flickr

I love everything about it but it doesnt look as sharp as it should be. What ISO and shutter speed?

I love everything about it but it doesnt look as sharp as it should be. What ISO and shutter speed?
No tripod. Shutter speed 1/90, iso 100, 250mm, f/5.6. Kit lens, and I'm not the steadiest at handheld shots. It's also heavily cropped.

No tripod. Shutter speed 1/90, iso 100, 250mm, f/5.6. Kit lens, and I'm not the steadiest at handheld shots. It's also heavily cropped.

If you can up your shutter speed to about 1/250 and your iso 400 you should be fine.

If you can up your shutter speed to about 1/250 and your iso 400 you should be fine.
Thanks for the info and taking the time to comment. Grain doesn't bother me so I don't know why I always try to keep the iso so low.

Nice shot. I like the composition.

Most reactions

Back