Morning Sunrise

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright so there was a great sunrise the other morning so I just grabbed the camera and snapped a few before leaving the house. Let me know what ya think. Thanks!

4257433827_56a307e86c.jpg

TJ

Just a bit haha. It was like 40 that morning. About the coldest it gets down here.
TJ

Sunrise here in Palm Beach looked EXACTLY the same way. Too bad I didnt have my camera with me :meh:

Nice photo BTW. Love the palm tree silhouette

Thank you! Sometimes i'm surprised with what i see in my backyard.
TJ

Very cool... I love the color and texture in the clouds.
I did the same thing yesterday, I walked out and saw the sky as the sun came over the horizon; then ran back inside to grab my camera. I caught the tail end of the awesome color.

I love sunrises and sunsets. There is always something interesting to shoot in the mornings, it makes me want to get up on a day I dont have work, to go shoot.

Ya same here. I always want to go out to the everglades and catch the sunset but then put it off at the last minute. It changed so fast too in about 10 minutes it was all gone pretty much clouds and all.
TJ

TJ, is it safe to assume that you guys are as cold up there as we are down here in Miami? This is insanely cold for Florida for this time of year. It's supposed to lower even more this weekend. /shiver!

Great shot btw. Definitely a Florida sunrise. :)

Ya we are all usually in the same area of temperatures. It's usually about 2-4 degrees cooler here give or take but ya its all the same. Tomorrow is supposed to be 36 here with rain brrr and the rain doesn't help. Ya it's crazy just 2-3 weeks ago it was record heat in the 90s and now its record cold in the 30s darn bi polar florida haha. Thanks for the comment I love to see the sunrise every morning.
TJ

Gotta love that global warming eh? ;)

I unfortunately don't get to see the sunrise often these days. My class schedule is a bit weird this semester with my first class starting at 11am. This leads me to sleep in more often than not so I get to miss the sunrise. Last semester my first class was at 7am so I got to see it every morning.

Give me some tips (exposure-wise) on getting a shot like that. Mine never came out properly exposed. Did you meter on the sun or on a cloud near it?

For this shot on wanted the whole sky so i threw on my 18-105 and went all the way wide for the whole scene. I wanted a faster shutter speed so the sky wouldn't be blown out or just too bright or too dark.
At first I was shooting iso 200 but that was way too slow so I went to ISO 800 and put on spot metering so it would just meter the sky. It turned out being iso 800 f/3.5 1/160.

Then from there i put the camera on Manual and plated with the shutter speed to see how it would look with some faster shutter speeds as well. I didn't want too slow of a shutter. I would say spot meter the sky in Av see what you get then if it looks "good" put her into manual and then just mess with the shutter speed to try and nail it. The sky in this shot is all that mattered because everything else is going to be a silhouette anyways.
TJ

"morning sunrise"? is there any other kind?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back