Morning walk

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I actually slept in today; 9:30am is a record for me :) Took my wife and nephew for a walk to see if we could spot an owl and we did. If I can get this close with my nephew around anyone can get these pics :) Used a little fill flash to help with the backlighting and got some mega red eye. Will have to fix that in the printed photos. It was so colourful I though I would post them with the red eye.

20feb_0817.jpg

20feb_0824.jpg

20feb_0820.jpg

20feb_0816.jpg

My frosty wife and our nephew Nathan.
20feb_0827.jpg

Enjoy,

Eric

Oh, this third photo is mega-cool. Looks like this owl was not happy at all to get his photo taken! Whoa!
(And the blood on his beak says it all - he's not entirely 'peaceful'... but what can he do when he get hungry, eh? He's an owl, after all).

Eric I was there myself this morning around 7 am and saw two. Won't post, just can't touch yours. Well except for the red eyes.

I actually like the redeye picture, it's different. Really like the crop on the 2nd pictureof the 2nd post. The owl still looks pissed, red eye or not.

Ya, I really like the last image I posted, he looks really pissed. The red on the beak I take to be blood and I find it takes away that awe effect of the nice owl and reveals it's true character.

Eric

That third shot....is a Wow! for me. :thumbup: But then I am a major owl freak. :lovey: That is a terrific capture, matey! I like the first tight crop you did but have no problem with the second one, either.

And the second one, with him sitting in the tree, is really nice, too.

I envy you all these owl sightings!! I hear owls all the time around my house, but very seldom do I get to see one. :)

Thanks for posting these.

Most reactions

Back