What's new

Morro Bay in Orange county California. Critiques are welcome

Joined
May 11, 2014
Messages
401
Reaction score
194
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted a picture with the wife that was different than just the normal picture. Thoughts?

10 sec, f11 and iso 100. Used a 10 stop ND filter.

$Morro #1 (1 of 1).webp
 
You need to reduce that blue cast.

Are you trying to convey that you are gone ?
That is the sort of imagery that portrays you as a ghost/disappearing.
 
Thanks dxqcanada. I always do that and I am not sure why. Always too cool on temp. I was trying to convey that even when I am not there she is never alone. How is this?

$Morro #3 (1 of 1).webp
 
Better, the whites are white.

Hmm, I see a feeling of loss ... you are disappearing.
Maybe if she was indicating (in some fashion) that you are always there it would be more positive.
 
Well...there is the mood, the composition and the intent. I saw it first time because probably I am an emotional person learning to be "thick". I like the shot. It has all the elements I mentioned above. Keep at it. Maybe not some people's cup of tea but people keep coming in and new ones here like me like those sentiments expressed in a shot. To me a picture should have a story to it in one shot presented. This is one of them. I love it.
 
Morro(w) bay sounds like a fitting name for this image.
 
I'd like to see her hair sharpened.
 
Thanks Izziek, I just have been trying to explore all types of photography and I saw this ghosting in a post here on this site and wanted to throw my twist on it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom