p1752151059-3.jpg

p1867992580-3.jpg

p1641245207-3.jpg

p1848400404-3.jpg

p1843950506-3.jpg

p1848245638-3.jpg

p1744287504-3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

The lighting, retouching and color tones are all great. The pose in the last one seems a bit contrived to me, giving it a bit of an awkward feeling, but that's my only nit-pick for the entire set.

I would have loved to play with the shadows and see what sort of images you could get by projecting them on her a bit.

The lighting, retouching and color tones are all great. The pose in the last one seems a bit contrived to me, giving it a bit of an awkward feeling, but that's my only nit-pick for the entire set.

I would have loved to play with the shadows and see what sort of images you could get by projecting them on her a bit.
All the poses are contrived to be fair, no one walks around like this in reality lol I guess that's fashion for you. Thanks for the feedback Dan

I agree about light, colors and retouching... very pleasing

and because it's editorial, why even criticize :)

what time was it, when you shot this?

my favorite is #4 and at the same time it's the image I want to criticize the most :)

nicely done

Very nice.
#2 and #4 are my least favorite - #2 because she seems at odds with the shadow background, #4 because her feet and robe are clipped in an awkward, to me, spot.
I couldn't choose between 1,3 & 5 for my favorite

Very nice.
#2 and #4 are my least favorite - #2 because she seems at odds with the shadow background, #4 because her feet and robe are clipped in an awkward, to me, spot.
I couldn't choose between 1,3 & 5 for my favorite
With number 4 I had no choice as the model was wearing belive it or not...trainers lol she had a foot sprain which meant she couldn't wear heels. I therefore had to keep full length shots out lol

I agree about light, colors and retouching... very pleasing

and because it's editorial, why even criticize :)

what time was it, when you shot this?

my favorite is #4 and at the same time it's the image I want to criticize the most :)

nicely done
Shot around 2pm

My wife wants the outfit! ;)

Great work. Thanks for the explanation about the trainers, I was wondering, too.
Did you consider asking her to go barefoot? That might have worked in this scenario. :)

My wife wants the outfit! ;)

Great work. Thanks for the explanation about the trainers, I was wondering, too.
Did you consider asking her to go barefoot? That might have worked in this scenario. :)
In 35 degree heat the ground is too hot lol

What would make 3 & 5 perfect for me is if she was completely within the shadow (rather than touching it).

What would make 3 & 5 perfect for me is if she was completely within the shadow (rather than touching it).
Completely within the shadow would mean light wouldn't be hitting her face or clothing in the way it needs to.

All the poses are contrived to be fair, no one walks around like this in reality lol I guess that's fashion for you. Thanks for the feedback Dan

True, pretty much any posing is contrived. Perhaps I should re-word my thoughts; compared to the rest of the shots, that pose doesn't look as natural. Just one person's opinion though; they're all great shots.

Last edited:
Did I mention how much I love the lighting? I love the way you incorporate the shadows into the compositions as well. I tend to avoid direct lighting way too much, and this has inspired me to shoot more in the sun.

Did I mention how much I love the lighting? I love the way you incorporate the shadows into the compositions as well. I tend to avoid direct lighting way too much, and this has inspired me to shoot more in the sun.
It was my first go at shooting into direct sun without any kind of diffusion or reflectors. Inspired by the work of several photograpgers I decided to give it ago. Works well when you have structures and shadows to work with. Looking forward to the next one.

Most reactions

Back