What's new

Mossy Shed

PaulBennett

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm fighting conflicting emotions. This shot was taken with a Vists 4x5 on one of those leisurely back woods drives when you suddenly come upon a scene which begs for picture taking. Took perhaps an hour for one shot which I thoroughly enjoyed.

When the positive film image was developed and viewed via lightbox, I was estatic. Those I shared it with also quite like the emotion conveyed by the green moss. So I had it digitized at horrific expense ($40) but now my 8x10 prints seem lifeless. To enable showing it here I used PS to reduce pixel count to 400 across but that didn't alter anything that I can tell except perhaps some sharpness.

What am I missing in the transition from positive on lightbox to image on paper that has removed the life from my picture? (ps, I still enjoy seeing it on the viewbox.)

I'd appreciate any criticism or sharing of emotion in viewing the 'mossy shed'.

MossyShed.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom