most extreme thing u did to get that shot??

Yeeesh! :shock: It's either gotta be very comforting to a soul to have that kind of passion, or just plumb humiliating.

hmm, nothing that risky yet...

went to a hockey game, and was taking a few pics during warm up and the lens was close to the glass to get that better shot..and a guy rammed into the glass almost making it hit the lens...how would I explain that to the hubby :? hmm maybe that was risky :shock:

nothing really bad. I usually go walking in the woods and end up wading thru creeks and rivers in regular street clothes cause I want to see what is on the other side. I really should bring my waterproof shoes and hip waders though. Nothing like being soaked from the thighs down though.

Once I had to literally lie down on the ground to take a photo of the ceiling of a dome where a kid's fair is being held. The only way to do it was to lie flat on the ground. The kids didn't seem to understand, there were giggles.

Here's that photo.
P8220137_640x480.jpg

One intance comes to mind when i remember having to do unusual things to get the "Perfect Shot".
I once Base Jumped a half mile high cliff without a parachute because i wanted to get a shot of a passing boat and my underwater camera didn't have the zoom required of the shot..... So i had to get closer right? Only problem was i missed the water and hit the boat, luckily it was a fishing boat and i landed on a net they were reeling in. This however had the unplanned effect of bungeeing me back up into the air, on the way up i got the perfect shot. I safely landed back on the cliff i jumped off from, it was absolutely amazing, the fishermen were cheering me and wanting an encore, but i already got the shot, so i figured i would throw them a wave and take a bow.
They seemed really impressed, but to me, The Photographer, it was just another shot, much like any other.... I did nothing special, nothing any other "Phtographer" wouldn't have done for the "Perfect Shot"

OK, well it would have been cool :D:D:D:D

A half a mile high and you bounced back up? Methinks you should review the details buddy. Or perhaps submit the photo. Now that would be impressive.

I was captured by a rabid booth-owner at a flea market last spring. She kept yelling that cameras weren't allowed in the market and there were signs everywhere. There were no signs, anywhere. But she marched me up to somebody in the business office. Wanted my film, my ID, and God knows what else. I managed to look apologetic and the people in charge were much nicer. I was glad to escape with my film intact. It's been a long time I got taken to the principal's office. hee hee....

in 1960 I was on Mount Kenya with an 8mm movie camera and a good dose of altitude sickness (can sometimes make you do stupid things) and I lowered myself into a crevasse on a rope tied to an ice-axe, and shot 50 foot of film of the light filtering through the snow and ice. I had to hold on with one hand and my teeth while I shot with the other hand. Then I found I couldn't climb up again! I managed it eventually, but could have died.

Also recently took many digital shots of motor cyclists from the back of a motor bike. The driver was doing over 160 km/hr (legal speed here is 100km/hr). I was too afraid to look back, so held camera over my shoulder and pressed the button on auto. Many shots of sky and tar, but also a few shots that came out in focus. However, dramatic and compostional qualites were pretty woeful.

I can't seem to paste pics here... not that they are really worth looking at.

Cheers,

Michel

Why, thanks so much, Chaseman! I'm really not a troublemaker.... sometimes Trouble seems to find me when I'm just out minding my own business.... you know? I really don't understand it.....

But, even if I were, I'm still very, very nice. ;)

since New York has the nations largest rat population (about 6 rats per human :no smile: ) ... i mentioned to my hubby lets do a documentary style series on "Rats" ....

i suggested going into heavily garbaged areas (like the entire city :puke-rig: ) .. sit the camera on a tripod, use the remote control and my super-hero hubby can go in alone :lol: ... i can assist from afar and perhaps hold the reflector :roll:

the weird thing is, everybody walks around like its normal :scratch:

*we're not native New Yorkans*

That's actually a pretty cool idea, Dew! I hope you post the pictures after you've both lived through the experience.....and tell us about the rat adventures as well. I hear they're a pretty tough bunch of rats in NYC!! Watch your footing, and wear BOOTS! :wink:

Most reactions

Back