Most photographed peak in the US - C&C

dhaval

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!

Maroon Bells, CO

Shot at around 6PM. By the time I got there the sun was right next to the mountain and there was no way to get it out of the frame without cutting off some of the important parts. But I kinda liked it in the end!

HDR with 7 exposures.
Shot at ISO100, f/18, 22mm

What do you guys think?

EW3u9l.jpg

- Dhaval

Lol Yup I have seen this many times. Still these types of shots never bore me. HDR came out real nice. Not sure about the domonenc of the rays.

I like the scene..but the rays of sun are kind of annoying to me

The lens flare and haloing, especially around the peaks is killing this shot for me. In addition, this is HDR, but there are several areas that are blown out. It's a pretty scene, but the processing on it really takes away from the natural beauty of the area.

I'm sure I've seen this scene before, but it's not really familiar to me. If it is indeed the most photographed peak in the US, then good on you for doing something more unique with it. The rays & flare may not be everyone's cup of tea...but I'd bet that most photos of this scene don't have them.

Thanks guys!

@HikinMike, @Gaerek: I'm still really bad/new at processing my pics. Any tips on how I can do a better job at this?

Thanks guys!

@HikinMike, @Gaerek: I'm still really bad/new at processing my pics. Any tips on how I can do a better job at this?

There's nothing you can do about the lens flare now, unless you added that in post. Use a lens hood next time. I prefer using layer masks for my landscape photos. Take a look at this thread. Make sure you read the second page, as I wrote a short tutorial.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-do-you-use-editing-software.html#post1787299

Usually I don't like Hdr files, but this one is fantastic ;)

I assume you cropped this? The whole sun was in it correct? I like it. I need to go out more.. I am in colorado lol.

Thanks Alexandra!

Thanks Schwetty! Yeah CO is just beautiful right now! And nope I have not cropped anything here. I tried to keep the sun out as much as possible but I was still getting the flare.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back