What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

he's secretly insulted that you insinuated he uses HDR.


so they are hdr? ;)
just kidding

I really like the way whatever you're doing looks and safeguarding your techniques is a good idea you could make some good money working for car mags or manufacturers or whatever, hell maybe you already do.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
so they are hdr? ;)
just kidding

I really like the way whatever you're doing looks and safeguarding your techniques is a good idea you could make some good money working for car mags or manufacturers or whatever, hell maybe you already do.

:D There's a few (3-4-5 or something like that) that contains parts that are HDR. My problem with HDR is that I can't get the results I'm looking for, so I have to spend hours in photoshop instead. If I could do it with HDR, that'd be great 'cause it would save me a LOT of time ;)

It's just a hobby, and everything I've done so far has been for free.
 
Got a bit frustrated and felt I had to use the nikkor 35mm f1.8 for something, as it's just been lying in my bag since I bought it, unused and unloved. So I rigged up the D300 in my kitchen and took a self portrait of sorts...

madw.jpg
 
Do you use a polarizer? It'd help with all those reflections..
 
I have a hoya something-or-other expencive circular polarizer that I've tried just a little bit, but I havn't really seen much of an improvement when using it. And my patience for things that don't "work" straight out of the box without having to put some effort into it isn't that great :lol:

I'll have to pull myself together one day and do some serious testing with it..
 
Havn't been doing much lately... Really missing any kind of inspiration at all.. But I found a picture I finnished a long time ago, but forgot all about it.

99607w.jpg
 
That's beyond awesome. What aperture if i may ask?? Very sharp through out the frame. You musta been stopped down and tripod mounted! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You like the m3? Then I *think* you're going to like this one aswell:

bmwm301.jpg


:D

Still eos 400 with 17-55. No flashes or anything fancy.
 
You have an excellent eye and superb composition. Very very nice!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Havn't been doing much lately... Really missing any kind of inspiration at all.. But I found a picture I finnished a long time ago, but forgot all about it.

99607w.jpg
 
I checked out your site. Geezus great shots.

What gear are you using? I'm not a fan of asking people about their gear.. i know it can seem like an insult. The photographer is 99% of the job. I have to compliment you though if you used a crop-body for all those shots. Very nice looking (not that crop bodies cant take great pics) but those are beyond great.
 
Last edited:
Thank you. The BMW was shot using a canon 400d (rebel xti) with canon ef-s 17-55 f2.8 at f5.6.

If you're looking at my site, the 3 first rows of pictures are almost all shot using that combination of gear, except for the 2 shots of my old audi a4. The picture overlooking a city at night on the 3rd row, and the picture of the frozen branches on the 6th row were shot using the rebel xti and a canon 50mm f1.8 (great lens!)

The rest of the shots are taken with a nikon d300 and nikkor 16-85 VR lens, that I've now put up for sale as I want to try out some new gear for next season. Which really is just a big waste of money, as I'm quite happy with the D300.
 
good shots! :thumbup:
 
Thank you. Shot a 2007 white bmw coupe today. Will post pictures as soon as I'm done editing them.

On a side note, I shot everything in raw for the first time (I've been lazy and only used JPEG's the whole time) and it looks good. Even the iso 800 shots of the interior are perfectly good for use. Makes me even more unsure if its worth selling the D300 :D
 
Hey Jpegs are just fine. I used to shoot a lot of those. Nice work with an XTI!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom