What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Thanks!

First BMW picture done...

bmw3301w.jpg
 
These are all great. What do you do in your post processing to get that look?

Thank you. If it was just a simple filter or something, I'd share it with you. But I've spent years teaching myself photoshop so I can visualize how I'm seeing the image in my mind. I hope you can understand that it is not in my interrest to learn people all I know, just to have them copy my work ;)
 
A simple interior shot from the BMW. Shot with nikkor 16-85 @ 85mm:

bmw3303w.jpg


On a side note, I feel the D300 is one of those cameras that benefits a lot from shooting in raw instead of only jpeg. When I used the rebel xti, I couldn't tell the difference between a raw and a jpeg, so I never bothered with raw. But having used only jpeg's on the D300 now for quite some time, it's been an eye opener to finally shoot in raw.
 
A bit larger than the usual pictures, but I felt too much detail was lost if I shrunk it further down in size.

bmw3304w.jpg


The car is covered in white vinyl btw. The actual color underneath is red.
 
This really didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I'm not that happy with it. Also, the D300 seems to have had a brainfart or something as the quality of the raw file was worse then the other raw files. Anyway...

bmw3305w.jpg
 
Thank you. If it was just a simple filter or something, I'd share it with you. But I've spent years teaching myself photoshop so I can visualize how I'm seeing the image in my mind. I hope you can understand that it is not in my interrest to learn people all I know, just to have them copy my work ;)

No worries! :D
 
Thank you! Not good to post the follow pictures after such positive feedback, but.. Here's a few quick and easy shots that's really nothing special.. I just didn't feel like editing anything "big" today (seeing as it's friday and all...) and they're mostly for the owner of the car (and anyone interested in the car..)

The D300 does well, even at iso 400/800. No noise reduction applied at all.

ISO 400 NIKKOR 35mm F1.8
bmw3308w.jpg


ISO 800 NIKKOR 35mm F1.8
bmw3309w.jpg


ISO 800 NIKKOR 35mm F1.8
bmw3310w.jpg


ISO 800 NIKKOR 35mm F1.8
bmw3311bw.jpg
 
Finally had time to do some editing again. D300 and 16-85VR, as usual:

bmw3312w.jpg
 
wow wow wow wow wow! your work is truly amazing, i just read through all 14 pages! in fact i missed dinner and am going off to class now without food due to you =0 (im in college...) i love hte cars, love the shots! and thats awesome that you do it for free (speaking of which, are you going to be in spokane, washington, usa anytime soon lol)..

i really loved the last few bmw shots, great comp and background choices!! my favorite is the one of the beamer going down the ramp, great lines and composition!!

i love my car and i shot one shot of it once, did a hdr and did really process much after that b/c i didnot have ps at the time.. heres the link New Wallpaper, New Car on Flickr - Photo Sharing!. i cant post it because its so inferior to your shots =)

but great work, and do not feel bad about not sharing 'trade secrets'. i respect you for that, although i would love to learn haha j/k
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom