What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

Thanks, glad to hear I can be of (dis-)service :)

The helicopter. Just pure win & genious, loved it!

race11.jpg


Shortcar, driven by a mad man :)

race12.jpg
 
Just out of curiosity and if u wouldnt mind giving a tip, how mny strobes was used on this photo?

No problem: none :) The picture was shot handheld in cloudy weather, nothing more. D700 + nikkor 24-70 f2.8 was the only equipment thing used.
 
If I ever win the lottery...

race24.jpg
 
these are amazing panning shots. What is the maximum shutter speed you recommend for panning? I see that yours are typically 1/100 or 1/125 sec.
 
Thanks. How long your shuttertime needs to be depends on the speed of your subjects, your equipment and your own skill. Take your camera gear over to the highway and shot at different speeds and look at the results when you come back home. Then you'll know your limits, and what you can shoot at on trackdays. And remember to try different focal lengths, as something you can do at 100mm isn't as easy at 300mm for instance.

I'm using the cheap nikon 70-300 VR. If you're shooting with canon gear, I can warmly recomend the 70-200 F4 IS - it's amazing (and VR and IS helps, as they have a panning mode that corrects for up/down movements)

race25.jpg
 
still can't get over how sick your shots are!! keep 'em coming!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom