What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

What shutter speeds do you normally shoot at?

For track shots I use between 1/60 and 1/165 depending on the distance to the track and speed of the car. For everything else I use apparture priority and set the iso to what feels like its giving me the right shutterspeed. I mostly just leave the camera at iso 400 for anything off the track, and iso 100 for cars on the track (unless I want to freeze motion, then I bump the iso up to 400-800 depending on the lighting conditions)
 
What shutter speeds do you normally shoot at?

For track shots I use between 1/60 and 1/165 depending on the distance to the track and speed of the car. For everything else I use apparture priority and set the iso to what feels like its giving me the right shutterspeed. I mostly just leave the camera at iso 400 for anything off the track, and iso 100 for cars on the track (unless I want to freeze motion, then I bump the iso up to 400-800 depending on the lighting conditions)

Wow I never would have thought to change the ISO to affect shutter speed unless the lighting was poor.
 
I kinda skipped a part at the end there... When I want to freeze motion I (ofcourse) change from shutter priority over to apparture priority and bump the iso up :)
 
Something other than cars on a track...

sunset3.jpg
 
HOT DAMN!

You've got some of the best photos I've ever seen in my entire life here.

What's your secret?
:er:
 
HOT DAMN!

You've got some of the best photos I've ever seen in my entire life here.

What's your secret?
:er:

From what I've seen, photoshop. Takes good pictures to an entirely new level.
 
If the weather could cooperate just a little bit, I could have something else than these same trackday shots to work with :/ Rain, rain, rain, rain... argh!!!!!

nskv47.jpg


nskv48.jpg
 
Volga is the best.I truly like her=)
Keep on going.Its great.
 
d700 + 105mm vr, outside in the garden:

105vr02.jpg
 
HOT DAMN!

You've got some of the best photos I've ever seen in my entire life here.

What's your secret?
:er:

From what I've seen, photoshop. Takes good pictures to an entirely new level.

I'd like to think it has less to do with photoshop and more to do with skill and practice, practice, practice.
 
It's always a combination of the two. The people who have zero clue as to how photoshop works, tend to think that you can put garbage inn and get gold out. It doesn't work like that. To get a good result in post processing, you need something good to start with aswell. And some images requires more work than others, so there's no magic formula to decide how many % of the final image you can say is because of the photo or the post processing.

And a lot of people forget/don't know that post processing isn't something new. It was done back in the old days in darkrooms aswell.

sunset4.jpg
 
It's always a combination of the two. The people who have zero clue as to how photoshop works, tend to think that you can put garbage inn and get gold out. It doesn't work like that. To get a good result in post processing, you need something good to start with aswell. And some images requires more work than others, so there's no magic formula to decide how many % of the final image you can say is because of the photo or the post processing.

And a lot of people forget/don't know that post processing isn't something new. It was done back in the old days in darkrooms aswell.

Oh for sure for sure. I 100% agree with you. I'm just getting started into the hobby and I have CS4 extended and I have tried to perform miracles with it, but it just can't do that. A lot of the quality in your photos (and photos in general) comes from the composition and lighting and things you can't change readily in photoshop or any other program.

There is no substitute for a good eye. It's obvious to me (and most other users I'm sure) that your photos are great even before PP.

My $.02.
:D
 
I agree all your shots (especially the non car shots where your skill truely shines) have amazing lighting which really adds and your compositions are fine too...

Basically I cant get enough, you rock man! Keep it up! I think every one of your photos I want as a wallpaper, but I am not sure I want my mind 'blown' that much :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom