What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

1 of 12 diablo se30 jota's.. d700 + 16-35mm f4 VR @ iso 200 / f11

stian01.jpg
 
This was a poorly planned "done in a hurry" photoshoot with 3 girls and the diablo. We did it just as the sun dissapeared and the light turned everything impossible quite quickly. I didn't have the right lenses, and, well, it was just a bit of a mess.

I've promised the girls that they get the final say in what is released, and I've only got feedback from 1 girl so far, but hopefully the other pictures doesn't stink so much that they refuse to have them showed :)

And hopefully I'll get to do a photoshoot with them later on, PLANNED, with the right gear, in a better setting. Not that there's anything wrong with a diablo, heavens no, but I'd rather have full focus on the girls ;)

This is just the 2 time in my life I'm photographing people, and with things beeing as described: be kind :)

thegirls01.jpg


I can not do this girl justice on camera. She's VERY good looking.

thegirls04.jpg


Equipment used: D700 + 16-35 F4 VR and (piss poor) natural lighting.
 
I had to register on this site just to tell you how awesome your photo's and PS skills are. Just amazing thats all I can say. Can't believe you took your 16-35 lens instead of the 24-70 man (not that there is anything wrong with the 16-35), but with your skills and that 24-70 that photo of the good looking lady would have done her justice. Like I said though amazing work Marius. Keep it up, gives me inspiration every time.

p.s. keep posting.

Chris.
 
Thanks for looking Chris, and the feedback. It's always appriciated! The 24-70 would have been nice to have, but I sold it. I've basically only done trackdays this year, so I went with the 16-35 + 70-300 VR as a near perfect trackday setup. Really wish I hadn't done that.. But this shoot was a pure race against the clock and light, so even if I had the 50 f1.8 with me, I didn't have time to start changing lenses and do ths as it should have been done :(

Anyway.. Hopefully these girls will agree to do a shoot without any car or anything, so I can do them more justice than what these shots does. And what better excuse would there be to get the new 85mm f1.4 ? :)

thegirls03a.jpg


thegirls05.jpg
 
Awesome car and just as important if not more awesome girls. I prefer the first pic, looks like a great pose and she looks like she was born to pose. Have you given any more thought to the Canon gear you had a go with or do you prefer your Nikon gear. Would be nice if Nikon made some nice f1.2 lenses wouldn't it. Keep em coming mate.

Chris.
 
I love the 5D MKII for the beautiful 21 megapixel images it produces (which seems to have a bit more dynamic range than the D700, to me atleast), but I hate it for the piss-poor 9 point AF (compared to the D700, not in general). So I'm not sure what to do. If I had a bunch of portrait jobs lined up, I'd get a 5D MKII just for the 85 f1.2 alone :)

stian03.jpg
 
I love all your shots man! I want to start shooting cars and bikes soon after I get my new camera :D
 
Thank you. Go for it, it's fun when you start to get the hang of it after a while!

stian05.jpg
 
Nice update as usual!
 
I'll give you something even nicer :)

thegirls07.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom