What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

A quick jump back in time, to when I borrowed a 5D MKII from Canon Norway: 5D MKII + 35mm f1.4 @ ISO 1000

flymuseet04.jpg
 
Wow that 'summer' photo is quite remarkable and is very appropriately titled!

Keep it up!
 
I love the 5D MKII for the beautiful 21 megapixel images it produces (which seems to have a bit more dynamic range than the D700, to me atleast), but I hate it for the piss-poor 9 point AF (compared to the D700, not in general). So I'm not sure what to do. If I had a bunch of portrait jobs lined up, I'd get a 5D MKII just for the 85 f1.2 alone :)

stian03.jpg

This is the first picture I've ever seen, that I can hear as well. And let me just say, she sounds so, so sweet. Great composition - your pictures often tell a story - especially to those of us who are car enthusiasts.
 
Thanks :)

I'm on my 5th day with a fever, so I'm feeling a bit detached from reality. In my current state, this picture looks ok, but I don't how it is if you've got a clear head ;)

D700 + 16-35 VR (aka "the flare monster")

stian09.jpg
 
I love your photos, and they have also inspired me to work with photoshop some more. I don't have anything other than an old film slr and a point shoot right now but until I get a Dslr they'll have to suffice. Keep up the great work!
 
Thanks! I started out using point&shoot camera's for several years. They're great for learing (as long as you have something with manual controls), and makes the day when you step up to a propper DSLR really rewarding.

This one's from when I borrowed a 5D MKII + the amazing canon 85mm f1.2. I miss that lens so much..

sophie2.jpg
 
All carbon and alcantara interior. Sweet.

stian12.jpg
 
I love.the pictures. I love the back ground for them. I'm going to have a photoshoot with some jdm cars and I was wondering if you could give me some advice and angles. Please and thank you :)
 
Thank you. As for angles.. Get down low. Standing up looking down at the car doesn't work 90% of the time. After that, there's really not much too it. Do front, front at an angle, side, rear at an angle, rear. That's the basics. After you've done those, you can start experimenting and trying stuff out, like extreme angles/wide angle, really low/climb up high on something etc etc And multiple cars is an extra challenge, so good luck :) You really have to think about the location you're going to use, to make sure you have some options on showing off all the cars. If there's an industrial estate near by, you might find some ramp or something that you can drive one car up and park another car on the ground beside it.. That sort of thing.

And don't park near a pole or something that will stick up behind the car. That always looks bad (like it's coming out of the car)
 
Thanks. None of the cars are mine, I just photograph them and envy the owners as much as all of you probably do :)

2 pictures shot with the d700 + the new 85mm f1.4g:

70300vr.jpg


1635vr.jpg
 
I envy the cars as well as your photography skills mate. Oh I wish I had that new 85mm 1.4, what do you think of it. Also how are you finding your 105mm macro, I love mine.
 
Havn't been able to do anything worthwhile with the 85 yet. I bought it, and the weather was just crap for a while, and then I was sick for 5 weeks straight :-/ But I'll be surprised if it's anything less than impressive ;) Hopefully we'll have a weekend with some nice weather before all the leaves fall off the trees and everything turns gray and boring, so I can try it out a bit.

The 105 VR has been sold. Was great, super sharp, and VR was nice to have. Had the Sigma 150 f2.8 macro before the 105, and liked the 105 better because of the VR. For anyone not interrested in VR, they can just as well get the cheaper sigma. I've ordered a set of kenko extension tubes now. Looking forward to trying those out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom