What's new

mostly automotive - my photos

I know you've heard this many times already but might as well add to it. Great shots! The "First Come Walk With Me" reminds me of a Predator.
 
It's always nice to get feedback. Even if some one posting it feels like it's "just another comment about good work he probably doesn't want to hear" - it's good to get some comments about the photos. If no one says anything, you're liable to think that what you're posting just sucks and no one cares ;)

This is almost a 100% crop. Shrunk down from 1700 pixels wide to 1000. Shot with D300 w/nikkor 16-85 VR:

waterpondw.jpg
 
Thanks. Pretty happy with that last one myself aswell :)

reflections.jpg

reflections2.jpg
 
Thank you. I've gotten a lot of comments about it, and I've talked to the owner about going out again some time to shoot some more pictures of the car as its got such a huge personality. But we so far havn't managed to pull our heads together and do it. He's a friend of mine so there really isn't much else to blame it on than lazyness :)
 
I really love some of your shots.... you should try to make some car shows and get pics there! Dont know if they have shows like here in the states but it is an idea!

Also how do you have access to so many nice cars?
 
Thanks. We have a few trackdays and indoor shows. I tried it once, and found it just frustrating and booring with people and objects in the way of what could have been good shots. And I loathe trackday shots, mostly because there's a bunch of people pretending and acting like getting sharp panning shots of cars is hard. I tried the "canon ef 70-200 F4 L IS" lens on some panning shots, and it took me about 30 minutes to produce sharp shots at around 1/140 - 1/160 shutterspeed almost constantly. So my thoughts about trackday photos is that they're dead easy, and I can't really see the attraction when it comes to 50 pictures of cars driving with a blurry background. But that's me :)

When it comes to access to cars: I just look around on forums, post some of my work and ask members if they want their car photographed.

Here's a few from the indoor show I tried to cover. These are 2 years old and havn't been edited much. Shot with a canon 400d and the excellent ef-s 17-55 f2.8 is lens:

bil07001.jpg

bil07005.jpg

bil07004.jpg

bil07012.jpg

bil07017.jpg




bil07018.jpg

bil07002.jpg

bil07003.jpg
 
Last edited:
Had a small family get-together early this morning, shooting my dad's audi s3 and his old audi a4 1.8tq (that I now own)

audis301w.jpg
 
i love your stuff..i do the same photography as you and i love shooting cars..your photos are really inspirational..
 
This is the kind of photography that I'd love to get into! Too bad my little town doesn't really have any nice cars! haha! May have to search a wider area where I am, but thanks for the inspiration to get moving on it!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom