MOTW is..... Alpha

lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Member of the week is Alpha

so get asking questions

Why'd you change your name from Max Bloom?

Is it hot in North Carolina right now?

Bought any cool vintage film lately?

Which do you like better: cantelope or banana?

Why'd you change your name from Max Bloom?

I decided to stop using my real name on the internet.

Is it hot in North Carolina right now?

Well, it's about quarter to 9 in the morning, so not too bad. By this afternnon it'll probably be 90 some degrees and 95% humidity.

Bought any cool vintage film lately?

I've been focusing mostly on papers, though my latest film acquisitions include Panatomic X and Technical Pan in 120. I managed to make a beatiful print on some Dupont Velour T-3 that expired in 1953. It had practically no base fog. I was amazed.

Which do you like better: cantelope or banana?

I'm not that huge a fan of either, to be honest. Though I'll eat them if they're in a fruit salad.

Take a picture of your car, house/apt/dorm (whatever you live in), and your pet (if you have one).

Who is your favorite photographer on TPF?

What is f(x) if f(4)=29 and f(5)=49?

Take a picture of your car, house/apt/dorm (whatever you live in), and your pet (if you have one).

I don't have a digital camera atm but I'll try to borrow one.

Who is your favorite photographer on TPF?

Terri. Her IR work is fabulous.

What is f(x) if f(4)=29 and f(5)=49?

Dunno but I don't think it's quadratic. If I had my ti-89 with me I'd probably cheat.

How long have you been shooting film?

A couple years on and off. I don't shoot very often.

Do you have any pets?

Two parakeets. They're gay.

Whats your most favourite picture you have ever taken?

Probably this photo of my friend Mark Hewitt, a professional potter.

markpr1.jpg

Printed on Ektalure G and toned in selenium.

When did you first get into photography?

Have you ever seen a bear in the wild?

Do you ski at Grandfather Mountain?

Favorite color?

Play any Sports?

When did you first get into photography?

Vaguely in high school.

Have you ever seen a bear in the wild?

Several times, all black bears. In yellowstone and in NC. I was close enough to the one in the NC mountains to photograph it on HP5+ with a 70-210mm when I was working as a camp counselor a couple years ago.

Do you ski at Grandfather Mountain?

You can't really ski there. I have been fortunate enough to hike through it. It's a global biosphere and the federal gov't only issues a few permits every year to hike it. They have some amazing indigenous species, for example a tarantula the size of the nail on your pinky finger.

Favorite color?
Zone III

Play any Sports?

A bit of soccer, mountain biking, and freeskiing if that counts. I like to jump off cliffs and the like. Lake Tahoe is my spot.

You just got a windfall of $15,000 from an aunt you didn't know you had - what photographic equipment would you invest it in?

You recently asked for photos from other members to retouch - if you were to go to my flickr account, which one would you choose that you think could benefit from your retouching skills. Entirely up to you whether you actually want to do it or not, but I'm curious.

Show us a picture that most closely represents where you are at artistically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back