Mountain Biking: Dirt Jumps CC

lemondropdude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple shots I got today at some local trails, C&C please
$OW0A0076.jpg$OW0A0138.jpg

In short: Too much scenery, too little mountain bike. You need to get wayyy closer, either with longer glass or physically closer. You've caught a good moment in each scene, but I really want to be close enough to see the rider's face. Looking at the first image, I'm thinking shooting from the fork of that tree image right with a moderate telephoto, or right from the edge of the mound with a UWA would have made for good shots.

IMO the second one would be cool if the tree wasn't so distracting in the background. The tree is eating him up!
I like the first photo. To improve it I would crop a little closer to remove so much of the open space and also try and clone out some of the tree branches.
Just my opinion though. ;)

I would agree with above, but I will say that I really like the dramatic lighting of the second one. better angle would be cool. Maybe even sitting at the base of the jump looking up.

I don't think that the shots are too bad my biggest nit pick is that the rider blend too much into the background, you need to have the rider wear more colorful clothes.

Most reactions

Back