Movie Collection

Thanks Josh. Just ordered "Knowing". My wife loves end of the world movies. If it actually ends in this one, she's going to love it. Was Nic Cage any good this time around?

:thumbup:

I enjoyed it...pretty decent movie

if this includes vhs, dvd and bluray..... we have well over 1000. we only have about 300 within reach though. the rest are still in boxes from our last move.

Good to know that I'm not the only one with a database too, lol!

We HAD to out of necessity. When you start getting that many movies, you tend to forget what you have, and duplicates start popping up. I have an Excel file that is updated as soon as movies enter the house, then they are placed in the "library" in the spare room, alphabetically of course...:mrgreen: I download the file to both mine and her phones, so if we are out shopping, we know exactly what we have.

if this includes vhs, dvd and bluray..... we have well over 1000. we only have about 300 within reach though. the rest are still in boxes from our last move.

Mine's just DVD (incl BluRay)

A little side note to anyone who hasn't yet bought a BluRay machine. DON'T!

Get yourself a good quality upconverter and you can watch all your DVDs in HD and save some money by still buying regular DVDs. Most people cannot tell the difference between the two.

My favorite one does not exist anymore but I doubt the newer model is not as good and it's $60 cheaper too. Here's the link for anyone interested:
OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio

And no, I don't work for this company :grumpy:

Thanks Josh. Just ordered "Knowing". My wife loves end of the world movies. If it actually ends in this one, she's going to love it. Was Nic Cage any good this time around?

:thumbup:

I enjoyed it...pretty decent movie

It was good.

Just finished watching "Push". It was good, but a little slow...

Hope you bought a PS3 .....

Not yet, but it's on the list...

...Maybe Christmas.

I do most of my gaming on the computer these days. The types of game I like don't generally translate very well to console machines (real time strategy).

I do love my RPGs though. One reason I always went with Playstation - Microsoft doesn't know how to make an RPG. Square Enix rules there!

Hope you bought a PS3 .....

Not yet, but it's on the list...

...Maybe Christmas.

I do most of my gaming on the computer these days. The types of game I like don't generally translate very well to console machines (real time strategy).

I do love my RPGs though. One reason I always went with Playstation - Microsoft doesn't know how to make an RPG. Square Enix rules there!

I play COD a lot. My husband and I meet up w/ a bunch of our friends and kill people. Its a good time. On the computer we were into Diablo for a long time. There is a new one coming out soon I think.

Vball tourny today!! catch everyone later today!

At last count I think we have over 400 DVDs.
:scratch:Hmm, this could be why I have gone through 13 DVD players in 3 years

At last count I think we have over 400 DVDs.
:scratch:Hmm, this could be why I have gone through 13 DVD players in 3 years

13 players in 3 years???????? What the hey are you doing to those things? Are you using them as hammers?

Even the cheapest of the MalWart player should last longer than that.

Yeah, that's not right. What the hell are you doing to them?

I have bought TWO DVD players in the last 10 years. The first one was a Sony (can't remember the model). A few years ago it starting having trouble playing newer movies (must have been some kind of change in the format of the disc).

I bought a Phillips DVD player that was modified to be region free.
It can play DVDs from any region (there were a few foreign movies I wanted that weren't available on a region 1 disc), NTSC or PAL.

I bought a Phillips DVD player that was modified to be region free.
It can play DVDs from any region (there were a few foreign movies I wanted that weren't available on a region 1 disc), NTSC or PAL.

Cool. My upconverters are multi-region, multi format too so I could get some movies from Europe but I ran into a problem with that idea. I'll pm you about that if that's ok.

True. Plus it is Off Topic so we can't really get off topic.

So anyway I wanted to order movies from France and Belgium since I speak french and there are a lot of their good movies that just don't make it here and a friend send me a couple of them so I could make sure everything worked properly before I order a bunch of them.

No problem with the player whatsoever but the french DVDs don't have any subtitles!!!!
It's not a problem for me but I can't show those movies to anyone who does not speak french and THAT is a major problem as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm wondering where you are ordering yours from and if you've run into the same thing.

So I'm wondering where you are ordering yours from and if you've run into the same thing.

Mine were mostly Russian. I got them here: RussianDVD.com - Russian DVD and Russian music store

The ones I got had subtitles in multiple languages (turning the subtitles on could be difficult, if you didn't know a little Russian though...all of the menus are in Russian.)

Short of finding a subtitled version, I don't know that there's much you can do. You could just make your guests learn French, lol.

Most reactions

Back