Mower

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
Took this picture outside. Its a odd shot, but I like it for some reason. I think the way the mower handle draws your eye diagonally on the picture?

Any thoughts?

side4.jpg

Nice colors but the hard diagonal makes the comp a bit off. It also seems a bit too cropped and square which accents the diagonal even more. Hope this helps some. :D

I think it would be cool with some negative space to the left of the mower, so that your eye would be more drawn from the empty space to the handle, then to the bottom of the mower, and then to the shack or house or door or whatever is on the right. With the cropping how it currently is, the mower mostly cuts the photo in half, rather than drawing the eye anywhere.

Try some negative space above the mower as well or by itself- I have no major qualms with the lack of negative space to the left (it depends entirely on the area that you were shooting at- if it's too busy it won't work and your current cropping is fine) but the near half and half division the motor enacts on the vertical portion could use some fixing. So try and get more vertical negative space.

Other than that I think the idea and setup is clever. Was it planted this way or was it simply someone got lazy and you capitalized on the moment?

It's ok but theres no kinda main interesting subject in the photo, it's all quite confusing and busy in the background with that pole and the stuff on the right. Maybe a shorter DOF would solve this but I still find that the mower's still only 1/2 a subject and not enough to make the photo.

Most reactions

Back