ACrossley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alishacrossleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys ...
I have spent the day researching equipment, printers and general photog info while watching football ... great day for Bama;)

I have used Mpix for a bulk of my printing along with WHCC. Have any of you used Mpix Pro? I came across the site today in linked searches and submitted my information for approval. I am just wanting to get some reviews from those of you have have used the site ... especially in comparison to Mpix regular.

Thanks!
Alisha

I use them. They're fast, same or better quality than MPIX with more options, cheaper shipping. $25 minimum order and they don't color correct like MPIX will. By and large prices for individual items are marginally more expensive at worst (I think 5x7s are $0.10 more or something).

I use them. They're fast, same or better quality than MPIX with more options, cheaper shipping. $25 minimum order and they don't color correct like MPIX will. By and large prices for individual items are marginally more expensive at worst (I think 5x7s are $0.10 more or something).

Thanks for the reply!
Can you tell me for how much the 5x7 greeting cards are listed? From what I understand Jamie Schultz's designs are included on the site? I am planning holiday cards ... 5x7 flat.

Thanks!!
Alisha

From what I understand Jamie Schultz's designs are included on the site? I am planning holiday cards ... 5x7 flat.

Thanks!!
Alisha

Interesting, I was just looking for Christmas card templates. :D Looking forward to the response. :)

Ditto here -- they're great. And it's $15 minimum order, not $25. Same price as MPIX except for the small prints -- and you can get around a lot of that by ordering the 4x6 "proofs" instead of the 4x6 "prints" -- same product, just a different price. $4 FedEx Overnight is hard to beat, though I'm sure they build the price of shipping into the price of the prints.

Odd, my first order wouldn't go through before the $25 mark. Guess it's changed. (I haven't had the opportunity to put in a small order since the initial one.)

I am surprised that all of you have gotten good prints from Mpix. I have gotten horrible prints. Low contrast, too light, curled edges. Not professional. Did they print for your personal preferences?

With the exception of 1 order (which they happily reprinted) they've always looked exactly like my calibrated screen and exactly how I've wanted them.

I'm not sure I quite understand your question. They printed exactly what I expected they'd print and they looked identical to how I'd expected them to look. I didn't give them any special instructions, if that's what you're asking.

I'm not sure I quite understand your question. They printed exactly what I expected they'd print and they looked identical to how I'd expected them to look. I didn't give them any special instructions, if that's what you're asking.

Maybe I should ask what is a good print to you? Is it warm, cold, neutral, light, dark, high contrast, low contrast, increased saturation, etc?

A good print comes out exactly as I'd edited it and how it looks on my screen. Some are contrasty, others are not, some are warm, others are cool. Some have a lot of contrast, others have virtually none.

Is 'they've given me exactly what I expect of them' hard to grok?

A good print comes out exactly as I'd edited it and how it looks on my screen. Some are contrasty, others are not, some are warm, others are cool. Some have a lot of contrast, others have virtually none.

Is 'they've given me exactly what I expect of them' hard to grok?

Most photographers have a personal preference, not all over the place so I thought I would ask. Got it, you like them all over the place. So, Mpix does all over the place well.

Last edited:
I have always gotten good prints from MPIX. I make sure they are how I want them before I send them for printing :)

Most photographers have a personal preference, not all over the place so I thought I would ask. Got it, you like them all over the place.

If my clients want a particular style, I try to ensure they get what they want. In that regard, MPIX has been darn nearly 100%.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back