Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... what I found out today:

www.otterzentrum.de

It is only about 1 1/2 hours drive from here! :cheer: I think an excursion is on the agenda (but they forecast "uninterrupted rainfall" for all of tomorrow, grrr!)

Otters, every town should have them.

that looks like a good day out to me ;-)

Hmph. No longer sure if I want to drive those two hours to get there... they charge €130,- per hour for photography rights with lenses longer than 210mm - doh! Mine's a zoom lens from 70-300mm - do I want to drive all the way out there only to have them harrass me about my lens?

In that case I will just not see any live otters and keep enjoying your photos ... bummer for me, but good I checked their site a bit more thoroughly, so I found out about it in time.

hide that bad boy! getting harassed is part of having a camera in hand.

What??? thats just crazy!!
At my favourite spot they charge £49 for a special photographers day. On those days they are not open to the public so its only a few photographers and you can get in with the animals! and its only £7.00 on a normal day

Hmph. No longer sure if I want to drive those two hours to get there... they charge €130,- per hour for photography rights with lenses longer than 210mm
:stun:

I am just stunned to hear they would charge something like that!!!! I have never heard of such a thing around here. (It might be worth arguing with them, though, and assuring them that you are an amateur who will not be selling the photos or making or attempting to make any money from the shots).

at my deer camp we had an otter . . . then some a-hole shot it with a .50 cal, we were all so mad at him, it was opening morning and "boom" way after most people were back at camp, and up he comes, carrying none other than a big dead river otter.

so i only get to see them at the zoo now :(

They charge so much since you get a guide then who will get you to the places with good timing.

not sure, but it could be a non-profit nature protection organisation which survives on the income from photographers.

This could also all just be disguise though ...

Anty, they argue that since they have to exist on donations, selling their photos/postcards taken by their own photographers is one of their means to make the necessary amount of money. So while everyone's invited to point and shoot with little cameras (and not see any of the otters in their pics after all :roll: ), they say the maximum lens size may be just 210mm.

And Mike, I am an elderly lady.
I no longer like to go on an outing like that just to be harrassed. If I were your age (and those days were over 20 years ago for me), I might be more daring.

And Mike, I am an elderly lady.
I no longer like to go on an outing like that just to be harrassed. If I were your age (and those days were over 20 years ago for me), I might be more daring.

So what if we go there together, I bring my white 300mm and you just take pictures of me being harassed :lol:

OK, come all the way up. Wednesday is the day. We meet at Bispingen! :D

OK, come all the way up. Wednesday is the day. We meet at Bispingen! :D

Bummer, I have a job! :(

But it is tempting, I have some experience with security approaching me for carrying a dSLR ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back