Muay Thai (C&C please)

nickzou

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No studio lights, had to use the sunlight coming in through the windows.

EpYXZ.jpg

6KoSu.jpg

pWT6p.jpg

In close range like #1 I would've gave my on camera flash a try to lighten up his fists ONLY if you didn't have any other lighting! Noob, just my thoughts ;) im sure you're more experienced than I am so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. Happy shooting!

I agree with the above, more focused lighting on the fists for the first photo. It looks like the light was to the right, perhaps turning towards the light would have helped?

The other two seem to be OOF. I think maybe if there were some bodily fluids (LOL blood or sweat) or the fists or elbow, it would definitely add more interest.

I agree with the above, more focused lighting on the fists for the first photo. It looks like the light was to the right, perhaps turning towards the light would have helped?

The other two seem to be OOF. I think maybe if there were some bodily fluids (LOL blood or sweat) or the fists or elbow, it would definitely add more interest.

The last two are technically in focus but I guess it doesn't draw much attention. The concept was "science of 8 limbs", (2 fists, 2 elbows, 2 needs, 2 feet, or more accurately 2 shins). So I tried to focus on only those things, first picture, fists, second pictures, knees and shins, third, elbow. But I guess they don't draw enough interest. I was originally gonna write 1 and 2 on my wraps but I couldn't find a marker lol (and I didn't want to use pen). And I wanted to tattoo 5,6 on my knees, and 7,8, on my shins but I decided against it because... well, tattoos last a long time. And same for the elbow, except the numbers would've been 3,4.

The last two are technically in focus but I guess it doesn't draw much attention. The concept was "science of 8 limbs", (2 fists, 2 elbows, 2 needs, 2 feet, or more accurately 2 shins). So I tried to focus on only those things, first picture, fists, second pictures, knees and shins, third, elbow. But I guess they don't draw enough interest. I was originally gonna write 1 and 2 on my wraps but I couldn't find a marker lol (and I didn't want to use pen). And I wanted to tattoo 5,6 on my knees, and 7,8, on my shins but I decided against it because... well, tattoos last a long time. And same for the elbow, except the numbers would've been 3,4.

Well, the focus seems to be very soft. In the 2nd photo, I was really sure what I was supposed to be looking at. The elbow, I got.. But didn't understand why an elbow? I guess if you were doing this as a series, it would have been helpful to either explain this, or link to the series for further understanding.

Hmmm... the focus could be off. All of these were shot with at f/1.4 and I was shooting myself with a D7000 with no swivel screen. Focusing was actually quite difficult, I had to manually measure distance and such. In the second image, the knees and shins were suppose to be the focus but I can see how that doesn't really translate. I'll have to rethink the composition of that one. Maybe something more dynamic, like shielding or actually kicking.

But yeah, it is suppose to be a series, "Science of 8 limbs" and all 8 "limbs" were suppose to be the focus of every image.

8hinA.jpg

Alright, so I shot one more, turned myself towards the light source, and gave the elbow more context. The bokeh isn't as cool though.

i second what malone said, and also would add that i love 1, and 2 is nice. i get the concept totally as i used to fight years ago so i can appreciate where you're going with it. keep it up

About a hundred years ago, I boxed as an amatuer. Made it to the semis once and finals once of the Texas Golden Gloves. Muy Thai is not for the faint hearted.

Most reactions

Back