Muay Thai

SnapLocally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took these on Sunday; not from the bright lights of Sin City, but a bingo hall in Bugtussle:

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

what is the lighting on these?

Thanks guys.

The lighting- just some tungsten-based lights on the ceiling, nothing special.

Texas won! I'm glad, because those boys are my best customers.

Nicely done! On some of them, I wished you had a wider angle to capture more of their bodies, but you've got a great eye for capturing the right moment. Martial arts are NOT easy to do properly and, like I noted in another of your threads, nailing the exposure and color temperature with available, indoor lighting you do incredibly well! Nice captures!

Thanks.

I see what you're saying about the crops. I started off shooting with a Tamron 17-50, but had to shoot at iso 3200 to get the speed I need. I decided I'd sacrifice flexibility for quality, so I went on with a prime and iso 1600 instead.

So, f/2.8 wasn't fast enough? What prime lens did you use?

Regardless, even with the crop being what it is, you still did a great job composing and capturing the right moment! Like dude in black pants standing over dude in red pants. Great composition and great expression captured!

Technically I could've gotten away with f/2.8, but I'd rather top off at iso 1600 than 3200. The latter isn't terrible, but I'd rather not make the quality sacrifice if it isn't necessary.

I'm using a used Sigma 30 f/1.4 I picked up off of CraigsList.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back