MUDAM

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is our controversial museum in Luxemburg, the MUDAM (musee d'art moderne Grand duc Jean).

It is a very interesting structure because the architect embedded a very old part of the "fortress" of Luxemburg city (called "drei Eechelen" --->three acorns?)into the museum.. I really like this old vs new structure....

I couldn't get many angles on the building because they are still working on the site and I already had to sneak in to get these shots...

Tell me what you think, any comment is welcome!

IMG_3472_3.jpg

IMG_3493_3.jpg

On this one you can see the three acorns on the little towers of the old building,thats where the name comes from :)

IMG_3501_4.jpg

IMG_3477_3.jpg

IMG_3474_3.jpg

wow! what a fantastic building and really lovelyshots, i especially like number 4. definietely worth the sneaking around! bet they don't complain about the cause of the controversy when it doubles tourism in the area.

What a beautiful building. I agree; #4 is the best

Beautiful angles chosen on an interesting piece of architecture, I must say. I like each and every one of these, what with the lines and curves and different materials, as the light stone work and the blue-tinted glass. My two favourites are those that show how the new was designed around the old, which is why I really like the Photos 2 and 3. But 4 does, indeed, have the most pleasantly flowing curves!

Thank you for the comments! I'll go back to the place as soon as it is open to public... maybe I'll be able to get some shots from the inside...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back