Muddy Creek Falls (C&C)

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back in May I had a chance go get out and get some pictures of some waterfalls in West Virginia and Maryland. Typically I like to scout out a place first but considering both locations were 3.5 hours away from me, that was impossible, so all I had to go on was web sites. The first falls of the morning Blackwater Falls it was nice and overcast through most of the day, but started raining as we got to Swallow and Muddy Creek Falls. I missed the Lower Swallow falls because I didn't have the gear to protect me or my equipment. Here are just a few of from each falls I did capture. C&C Welcome

Here area few from Swallow Falls National Park, Muddy Creek Falls.

1. Free flowing and fluffy

20130518_OaklandMd_MuddyCreek_02 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

2. For those that like it to be more of stop motion.

20130518_OaklandMd_MuddyCreek_03 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

3.Over the edge - Almost lost my footing and my camera bag to get this one

20130518_OaklandMd_MuddyCreek_04 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

4. From the bottom looking up

20130518_OaklandMd_MuddyCreek_10 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

5. In the back right is Muddy Creek falls, so this is further down stream. I had to climb on onto some rather large boulders to get this shot.

20130518_OaklandMd_MuddyCreek_11 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

These are gorgeous, especially the first and last images in the set. The second from the bottom seems to cut off slightly too early to the right, and I think that it could use more of the main waterfall, but I certainly have nothing to complain about. Very nice shots.

These are gorgeous, especially the first and last images in the set. The second from the bottom seems to cut off slightly too early to the right, and I think that it could use more of the main waterfall, but I certainly have nothing to complain about. Very nice shots.

Thanks for the feedback. I went back and looked at the one you said was cut off, and I did that for all of the pictures I took from that one spot. If I tried to get more of the main falls, then I lost the foreground reference and cut of the smaller falls on the left. I'm sure I'll be going back and keep your suggestion in mind.

Beautiful shots. Nice work. :)

The last is my favorite. Wonderful angle, color and contrast.

Most reactions

Back