What's new

Muir Woods and Pacific Coast Highway

Wiggz

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
Travis AFB, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. Just practicing my shots and PP'ing as always and was hoping for some feedback on these two. I'm not so sure about the sky in the second one. It seems like the clouds just suddenly stop giving it a seriously fake feeling, but thats actually how the clouds were lol... :(

MuirWoodsTree-May2010.jpg


Highway1Pacific-May20103.jpg
 
Wiggz
I really like the angle/composition of your first photo. I am not sure if I like the PP, but that is strictly a personal thing.

Do you have any more shots of those trees?
 
thanks! I have more shots, but thats literally the only one without lens flare from the sun in it :( I don't have a filter yet

EDIT
Here is the original if ya wanted to try some diff PPing. I'ma try to find some diff pics that look ok enough to work on
_DSC0011.jpg
 
Last edited:
Filters are only going to add to your flares. I would suggest a lens hood, or keep the sun behind the trees, they look plenty big enough for that!
 
Filters are only going to add to your flares. I would suggest a lens hood, or keep the sun behind the trees, they look plenty big enough for that!


Ohhh i thought there was a filter that gets ride of lens flare?? Or at least reduces it?
 
You might be thinking of a CP(circular polarizer) They will remove reflection, from things like water, glass, things that are highly reflective, and make your colors more vibrant.

A flare is caused by stray light from outside of the viewing angle, so if you can use a hood to reduce the light from the sides of the lens you will cut down on the possibility of lens flares.

-Edit - One last bit of advice. Changing your aperture will also change lessen your lens flares. When your looking through your viewfinder, you are seeing the lens wide open, change your aperture, use your dof preview and see if they are still there.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom