multigrade paper? chemical agent ? or my stupidity ?

allocco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi i'm an amateur photographer and i'm founding some problem with the utilization of the "ilfospeed multigrade " (using an ilford pq universal paper developer ) and the filters my photos come out burnt or poor in contrast .

please help me as soon as you possible (for me is really much difficult to found chemical agent and paper and i'll be glad to use that i've prepared today )

thank you very much

what do you mean burnt? if burnt means blown out highlights, you have overexposed the negtiave and need to burn in those areas, holding back the darker sections so they don't get as much light..

if they have poor contrast you need to change the filter grades.

for burnt i mean that my photos look like this

i wish always in a rapid answer ,bye

it is hard to tell on my monitor, but they look like they just need more time when exposing to the paper.

what fstop and what times are you using? what development times?

i were using a 5,6 stop with an exposition of seconds not more of the 10 second (it is too poor? sorry but i'm an utodidact)
thank ann

you need to keep track of just how much time, and if these are at 10seconds and still too light they need more expsoure.

did you make a test strip? that will h elp

what is utodidact?

utodidact = autodidact (i've make a mistake ) i've tried to give to they more exposure but they still poor in contrast . what i should do ?

what contrast grade are you using?

the amount of exposure determines darkness/lightness.

contrast filters effect the differences between black and white.

is there a way to can take a class in y our neighbor, it will help you out and speed up the learning process?

no there aren't any way for the class .. i'm going to post some trial of today (i've sent a private message to you )

these look like they are uneven in development, or not developed long enough in the paper developer.

how long are you developing the paper?

Yeah, it seems like a developer issue.

It should be 1 1/2 - 2 minutes in the developer.

this are my latest photos
what they have wrong ? there' s always that grey layer

what grade filter are you using?

how long is the exposure, and how long are you leaving the print in the developer and are you agitating the print as it develops.

these are flat and the development is uneven, at least on my monitior. Also. the change in color, is that from the scan or is that what the print looks like? if so, you need to leave the print in the fixer longer.

did you check out the ilford pdf that i sent youi?

sorry but my developer (a ilford pq univeral ) says that need a 1 + 9 diluition but in that way it burn my photo soi've made a diluitin of 1+18 but that way it toook around three minutes to develop and sottract contrast

Most reactions

Back