Multiple shots of same person in the one pic theme

suthernplaygurl85 said:
Will somebody please explain how to do this concept in detail for me please? I would love to do it email me @[email protected] THANKS!

you need a tripod first of all. Set your camera up on that and set it to delayed shot, like 12 seconds or so. When I've done this before I focus on whatever I want to be the focus, such as a pool table. Then I turn the camera to manual focus (so that pressing the shutter release button wont try to auto focus it again) and I also set the camera to manual mode and meter for the room. Then it's all about taking shots of yourself in different places. One warning though, try to avoid standing in places where there are harsh overlapping shadows or you will have a tough time photoshopping it. After you have as many pictures as you want, open the main image in photoshop (or GIMP if you're poor like me). From there you just create new layers and paste the other files onto each seperate layer. As you add a layer you need to apply a mask set on full transparency. Then you "paint" in black where the new figure is and it will be added into the image. It is kind of hard to explain, so if this is confusing I'll whip up a shot and send you the PSD file so that you can see how the seperate layers work.

Basically you just blend layers together using all of the original, and only the new poses of the pictures after that.

here's the one I've done before

Tylerplayingpool800x600.jpg

thanks to my brother for the poses.

this was actually pretty hard with the 2 on the left because of their shadows, but I think it turned out well.

EDIT: I sent the files that show what I did, but I also just remember that a guy on texasphotoforum.com has how-to videos for download and one of them is this type of work, called attack of the clones.

http://www.blog.bluehourphoto.com/videolibrary/quicktips/

check it out, the guy is awesome.

these are fun...everyone has some really good ones. mine is a little choppy but i did it long before the PS skills i have now...

couchtpf.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back